County Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 - Ballance has posted his 3rd @CountyChamp 100 of the season (currently a competition-high); all of them coming against Hampshire. Skip.
That's some stat that ...... shame Yorks haven't got a win against them (there's still time in the current game).

Van der Merwe. Even against Slurrey I take no pleasure in seeing Kolpaks contribute significantly to winning county matches, completely turning the game on its head on this occasion.

Yeah I am with you regarding Kolpak players, however for anyone to come in at number 7 with your team 22 for 5 chasing 290 to win,to then go on to score 165 no and win the game with 6 overs to spare.

You can't help but say will played son that must have been a hell of a knock.

Credit where credit due don't you think?

Worth noting, Sky advertised the fact they'll have County Championship cricket on the telly this year.

Had it on mute so can't say what amount - anyone know more??

Friday's Proper Cricket Fixtures:

Essex v Hampshite
Lancashire v Yorkshire
Middlesex v Croydon Globetrotters
Somerset v Warwickshire

Derbyshire v Worcestershire
Glamorgan v Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire v Kent

One Day Tour Match:

Sussex v South Africa

Hampshire take a wicket in the first over of the day and the last over of the day at Essex. Nothing inbetween though :lol:. Hosts close on 243-2, Cook 114*.

Worth noting, Sky advertised the fact they'll have County Championship cricket on the telly this year.

Had it on mute so can't say what amount - anyone know more??
Should have had the roses game on. Back in the day, ITV would have had it on and we could have watched it up here.

Should have had the roses game on. Back in the day, ITV would have had it on and we could have watched it up here.

Aah childhood memories of Tyne Tees showing the Roses match...it always seemed to be played under slate grey skies with Keith Macklin commentating and Yorkshire usually 145-7 off 70 overs with Barry Leadbeater and Mike Bore blocking Flat Jack at one end and avoiding Peter Lee or Peter Lever at the other OR it was Lancashire 146-7 off 70 overs with Bernard Reidy with his Hair Bear Bunch afro and Peter Snellgrove blocking Geoff Cope at one end while avoiding Tony Nicholson and Rocker Robinson at the other......and the 10 year old me wishing he would rather be watching the bar billiards in the Indoor League hosted by
that gruff bloke with the pipe.

"Ah'll see thee!!"

I don't mind Yorkshire. I hate them when we're playing them but the rest of the time I'd prefer them to win than say Hampshire, Lancs, Essex, Surrey or any of the other Sky Boy's clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back