County Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Starts Friday, but not for us. Who are people's tips for promotion and relegation?

Who do you want to see do well?

First fixtures:

Division One
Essex v Lancashire
Surrey v Warwickshire
Yorkshire v Hampshire

Division Two
Kent v Gloucestershire
Leicestershire v Nottinghamshire
Northamptonshire v Glamorgan

Nee idea why there isn't a full set of fixtures mind.

Not at all arsed who wins the title, aslong as its not Surrey or Hampshire - who I'd love to see get relegated and go bust.

As far as promotion, Nottinghamshire I reckon will win it, with Sussex second and us either 3/4 - which will be a respectable finish considering the handicap placed on us.

Looking forward to seeing how Cook goes, hoping for further improvement from Burnham and also the bowling prospects in Carse and Coughlin first and foremost. Reckon on our day bowling wise we could roll teams quite comfortably but not sure how our batting will fare.

Pitch wise, I've said before but believe still that we should look to create pitches to suit our seamers with a view to getting results. After all, draws don't help us whatsoever. We can go all out for wins - can't imagine the cash for placings will make much difference. After all, it's FTECB who'll be getting it anyway.

Looking forward to it, will be tuning into 5LiveSX on Friday morning regardless of who's on.

Not particularly fussed but .....

Hope Yorks do well also Lancs .... especially want to see home grown players do well.

Will enjoy Surrey and Hants fail, if they do.

Would like to see all our players do well ofc but of all our younger bowlers Weighell impressed me most before he got injured ofc and he was outstanding against Warcs at Edgbaston last year (9 wickets).

Another one of my bug-bears. Why can't the CC be played over 15 or 16 weeks? It would be nice to see a 'small' county do well in the CC. Maybe Essex, just to cock a snoot at the big boys. Cook and Hameed's performances in Div 1 will be interesting to monitor.

Another one of my bug-bears. Why can't the CC be played over 15 or 16 weeks? It would be nice to see a 'small' county do well in the CC. Maybe Essex, just to cock a snoot at the big boys. Cook and Hameed's performances in Div 1 will be interesting to monitor.

What do you mean AT? Like in one solid block??

No, but just play the maximum amount of CC games possible in a round. For example, if touring sides are here, let them play meaningful 4 day games v Scotland, Ireland and Holland. Much more competitive than playing Derbyshire 2nds and it will improve the Associate game. Sadly, I think the days of countries playing tourists in meaningful fixtures have gone.

So long as Hampshire,Yorkshire or Surrey don't win the title then I'm not really bothered.
Notts will top Div 2 ...only because of our points deduction.

I'd like to see Yorkshire go down, but knowing the ECB they would scrap relegation if they were in jeopardy.
I could just be a pessimistic sod, but I just have a funny feeling you know....

Not convinced about the Gale-Moxon coaching partnership.

I could just be a pessimistic sod, but I just have a funny feeling you know....

Not convinced about the Gale-Moxon coaching partnership.

Not even I'm that pessimistic! No way the Yorkies are anywhere near the bottom of the table. The coaching might not be great, but the talent is still there. I'd even back your Second XI to survive relegation.

Didn't have time to elaborate earlier, but I also worry about our injury prone bowlers (Brooks, Plunkett,Sidebottom, Willey and Fisher are already out) and our batsmen carrying on their generally poor form from the last two years.

Anyway predictions.
Middlesex to retain the title, Essex and Hampshire/Lancs/Yorkshire to go down.

Notts promoted, not sure who with but think Durham will just have too much to do.

Surrey 122/0 with Rocky on 62

Borthwick in next.... Pricks

Down in the darkness of CC2. Glamorgan 84-8, Leicester 105-5

Absolute shite league, should piss it

Also good to see Haseeb doing well for Lancs, I actually like the kid. May keep Keat out of the team too (hopefully)

Surrey 122/0 with Rocky on 62

Borthwick in next.... Pricks

Down in the darkness of CC2. Glamorgan 84-8, Leicester 105-5

Absolute shite league, should piss it

Also good to see Haseeb doing well for Lancs, I actually like the kid. May keep Keat out of the team too (hopefully)

Put the kybosh on him :lol:

Left a straight one on 47.

12 wickets fallen already at Northants, get the buggers some points deducted!

Make that 13 wickets before Tea.

Last edited:
Couldn't care less about division 1. As for our season I think we'll do very well. In the back of my mind though our county season could well be over after the Notts game which makes a mockery of the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back