County Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
was it against somerset or somewhere else where we lost 19 wickets to spin and took all of ours with pace or something like that? last year iirc
The beach ........ needed something small to win and lost a lot of wickets instead.... our lot couldn't hit the ball it was turning that much.

Somerset seem a properly run club, who fill their team with upcoming young players and have done for the last few years.

IMO were very unlucky not to win the championship last year and would have done if Yorkshire and Middlesex never contrived a result on the last day.

So not sure what you lads have against them other than preparing pitches to suit their strengths.

Somerset seem a properly run club, who fill their team with upcoming young players and have done for the last few years.

IMO were very unlucky not to win the championship last year and would have done if Yorkshire and Middlesex never contrived a result on the last day.

So not sure what you lads have against them other than preparing pitches to suit their strengths.

Tbh....I'd rather see three of the current top five battling against relegation than Somerset.

I think it because they are seen as a club that over-prepares, ie salting the pitch with a lot of sand.

On the positive side they also have a large support - that we could only get in our dreams . . . .

I think it because they are seen as a club that over-prepares, ie salting the pitch with a lot of sand.

On the positive side they also have a large support - that we could only get in our dreams . . . .

Yeah they have obviously have over prepared,however is that such a bad thing?

Preparing a pitch to suit their strengths, all other things,infrastructure, support, young players given the chance,suggests a good county.

Yeah they have obviously have over prepared,however is that such a bad thing?

Preparing a pitch to suit their strengths, all other things,infrastructure, support, young players given the chance,suggests a good county.
At the very least it's a matter of degree .... and the ECB may well agree since a pitch that turns too much can from this season be given a poor rating (I read, at least I think I did and didn't just dream it).

Notable scores:

Kent 701-5 (Dickson 318) v Northants.

Glamorgan 117 & 158 @ Gloucs 141 & 9-0.

$urrey v Hampshite 554-5.

Makes you wonder why Kent haven't declared.

Absolute road at Beckenham, but the worry for Northants is that if the pitch deteriorates like club grounds are generally suceptable to doing - they'll likely have no chance whatsoever of surviving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back