County Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky wank over Yorkshire though.

I feel it's pretty justified with Yorkshire though. There's no question they're the biggest county (brand and successwise) on the circuit and they've easily got the largest following.

It's their love-in with f***ing Essex and Hampshite that annoys me, especially since neither have done much of note for years.

Essex 360
Hampshite 18-5

:cool:

32-6 :D

Last edited:
I feel it's pretty justified with Yorkshire though. There's no question they're the biggest county (brand and successwise) on the circuit and they've easily got the largest following.

It's their love-in with f***ing Essex and Hampshite that annoys me, especially since neither have done much of note for years.

Essex 360
Hampshite 18-5

:cool:

32-6 :D
39/7 :)

6 wickets fallen to spin on the first morning at Taunton Beach. Hampshite 88-6.

At Chelmsford, Surrey 65-5, failures for everyone bar Sangakkara.
f***ing Kyle Abbott seems to keep getting them out of holes in both the one day and county with the bat. As well as running through with the ball.

Proper annoying

I seem to recall that the rules regarding a poor pitch have changed for this season, too much spin too early could mean the umps report it.

They should change. I seem to remember that the previous ruling said that a pitch can't seam too much or sanctions will be enforced. Yet there was no such ruling regarding excessive spin early.

ANOTHER hundred from Sangakkara. The bloke is immense.

Last edited:
They should change. I seem to remember that the previous ruling said that a pitch can't seam too much or sanctions will be enforced. Yet there was no such ruling regarding excessive spin early.

ANOTHER hundred from Sangakkara. The bloke is immense.
Yea, that's right... but I think excessive turn is there now..... tho CBA to go look it up, too warm!

OTOH ....... if Leach's bowling is pukka and not the result of pitch doctoring then maybe he could be the new Swann!

Last edited:
Somerset making heavy weather of it against Hants ..... 130 to win with 4 wickets left and all of the 6 that have fallen have been to spin.

Somerset on the verge of defeat. Nine wickets down and all apart from a run out have fallen to spin.

Somerset making heavy weather of it against Hants ..... 130 to win with 4 wickets left and all of the 6 that have fallen have been to spin.

Somerset on the verge of defeat. Nine wickets down and all apart from a run out have fallen to spin.
In fact Somerset have lost.

Throughout the game 5 wickets fell to pace, 1 run out and the rest to spin (34). Is this really how it's supposed to be?

Last edited:

In fact Somerset have lost.

Throughout the game 5 wickets fell to pace, 1 run out and the rest to spin (34). Is this really how it's supposed to be?

Getting their comeuppance for preparing shit pitches. It may see them relegated, certainly up against it already.

was it against somerset or somewhere else where we lost 19 wickets to spin and took all of ours with pace or something like that? last year iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back