Could we benefit from a resurgent scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not so far ahead of us though. Fourteen teams start the PL season fighting relegation and currently the mags are one of them. At the stat of the season I said they were capable of anywhere between 8th and bottom. Now I'd say 7th and 16th.
In a year or two they might be so far ahead but not yet.

I disagree. We're fighting relegation in the championship. I've never seen us so low & I'm 26. Off the top of the head, I don't think we've ever been an entire division apart from Newcastle in my lifetime. That's how it is at the moment though. We've been relegated countless times but we generally bounce back rapidly & spend a season or two between 1st and 6th in the 2nd tier at worst. We'll be lucky to finish less than 20 places behind that mob this season.

WHY POST THIS CRAP. DO YOU really believe it?

The new owners are going to spend the best part of 1 BILLION QUID on the scum eh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just seeing on Sunday Supplement that Rafa could get a £500m chest of war if/when Mike takes his money and runs. Painful as it is the scum could clearly be set for some exciting times again.

Point is, would we benefit if they did start challenging the top 6, getting European football? Would one resurgent NE team help wake up the football investing world of the potential of the other huge NE club (not S Shields). Of course there'd be the "we define you, forever in our shadow" shite, who cares though - they'd soon be telling us that Barca and Real are their true rivals anyway..

I disagree. We're fighting relegation in the championship. I've never seen us so low & I'm 26. Off the top of the head, I don't think we've ever been an entire division apart from Newcastle in my lifetime. That's how it is at the moment though. We've been relegated countless times but we generally bounce back rapidly & spend a season or two between 1st and 6th in the 2nd tier at worst. We'll be lucky to finish less than 20 places behind that mob this season.
We were 2 leagues apart in 88 but 3 years later we were a league ahead.

We were 2 leagues apart in 88 but 3 years later we were a league ahead.

we always revert back to '88. Whether it's to suggest that we needn't whinge because we were even worse back then or whether it's to prove that things can pick up after an almighty fall. That was 29 years ago and is totally irrelevant to today's football market.

Just seeing on Sunday Supplement that Rafa could get a £500m chest of war if/when Mike takes his money and runs. Painful as it is the scum could clearly be set for some exciting times again.

Point is, would we benefit if they did start challenging the top 6, getting European football? Would one resurgent NE team help wake up the football investing world of the potential of the other huge NE club (not S Shields). Of course there'd be the "we define you, forever in our shadow" shite, who cares though - they'd soon be telling us that Barca and Real are their true rivals anyway..

Who is it you support mate?

I'm not sure how Portsmouth have benefitted from Southampton's financial stability and good academy system.

This year reminds me of '92, and I don't want the gap between us and the Mags to get any wider. If it does, we will just have to work harder to put pressure on people to get our own house in order.

How the feck would it benefit Sunderland if Newcastle end up successful? No other club exists in this part of the world as far as anyone outside the NE is concerned.If the Geordies hit the heights Sunderland will disappear off the radar.

we always revert back to '88. Whether it's to suggest that we needn't whinge because we were even worse back then or whether it's to prove that things can pick up after an almighty fall. That was 29 years ago and is totally irrelevant to today's football market.
We were two leagues ahead of Southampton now we are one behind. That's relevant.

How the feck would it benefit Sunderland if Newcastle end up successful? No other club exists in this part of the world as far as anyone outside the NE is concerned.If the Geordies hit the heights Sunderland will disappear off the radar.
I don't imagine the SOL would have been built had the skunks not gone mental from 92-96, part of the reason we're both shit is the other is the benchmark

mags are delirious at the minute, the ones I spoke to on Saturday were unanimous in how shite they were... but they're better than us so that's all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back