Could we benefit from a resurgent scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is the Express spreading bullshit not the mags.

Very true ..... but they get away with it because they know the dopes will lap it up.

They know exactly what they're doing and know it will sell copies ...... simple as that.

Precisely why there are always 'new' Diana secrets and 'new' Maddie leads, it's called appealing to the gullible :confused:

I'd bet all of my Nigerian gold mine shares the Mags will believe it :lol:

Last edited:

They were discussing the potential take over of Newcastle on the radio last week, and the consortium this wife is heading is made up of a group of investors who will be looking to make profit and manage the team similar to how Ashley has done. It's not being taken over by a rich individual who can spunk away money like Chelsea and Man City etc. Profit and stability is the aim according to them.

They were discussing the potential take over of Newcastle on the radio last week, and the consortium this wife is heading is made up of a group of investors who will be looking to make profit and manage the team similar to how Ashley has done. It's not being taken over by a rich individual who can spunk away money like Chelsea and Man City etc. Profit and stability is the aim according to them.
They'll have to go some to turn a 300 million deficit into profit. That's before any investment in players

If you believe what you read in the press, it is a lot further forward than the German take over ever got.

Regardless, i think that if Newcastle were to be able to compete for a top 4 place it would take an overhaul in the region of £300m to compete when you look at the other teams in there. There is a lot of shite turning out for Newcastle at the minute and the position in the league is pure luck.
It is mate. 2 private jets have been at Ponteland all week. A 50 strong team having been doing whatever they for due diligence. (Is it @hankwilliams who works at Ponteland? whoever it is will confirm the jets) I think it will happen soon and unfortunately they're gonna spend a fortune. Whether that brings success is a different matter. Probably already said but haven't looked......For what it's worth they are from Abu Dhabi....

I (my opinion) don't think so. And knowing sfa apart from what I just said. They will know fuck all.

Last edited:
No......if you look back give me current period of time when we both do well.....Newcastle & Middlesbrough have played well before.......anything the Scum does well is a nightmare for us....I hate the Scum I will root for any club but them
I'm curious what makes me scum?
Is it the fact that I live in Newcastle, or the fact that I support Newcastle
Very true ..... but they get away with it because they know the dopes will lap it up.

They know exactly what they're doing and know it will sell copies ...... simple as that.

Precisely why there are always 'new' Diana secrets and 'new' Maddie leads, it's called appealing to the gullible :confused:

I'd bet all of my Nigerian gold mine shares the Mags will believe it :lol:
I don't know any that believes it, everyone I know just laughed at the way they pull figures out of their arses.
Most Newcastle fans have the same view as myself and that is I am optimistic the club will be sold and things will be better but i'm not going to get excited about it until I see who that person is and I see the keys of St James park handed over to them.

I don't know any that believes it, everyone I know just laughed at the way they pull figures out of their arses.
Most Newcastle fans have the same view as myself and that is I am optimistic the club will be sold and things will be better but i'm not going to get excited about it until I see who that person is and I see the keys of St James park handed over to them.

Sorry but you're just one of many who come on here believing they're some kind of official spokesman for the entire Geordie Nation.... you're not :lol:

Papers only print what they know will sell more copies ...... end of story.

Sorry but you're just one of many who come on here believing they're some kind of official spokesman for the entire Geordie Nation.... you're not :lol:

Papers only print what they know will sell more copies ...... end of story.
That isn't how these stories develop. If it was a simple case of write a story on football that will get more clicks the story would be more on the lines of Jose to get 1billion war chest to bring Messi, Ronaldo, kane and Bale to United.
These stories come about because an editor throws a bit of paper at a journalist and says give me a story on the Newcastle take over, the journalist void of any real information has to make a load of bollocks up and tries to make that bollocks sound interesting. lets face it there would not be much of a story if he told the truth and that is this Staveley lady might be interested in buying the club and I know nothing else.

Also I don't claim to speak for all geordies, I told you about my views and the views of most of the people I know, add to that the general vibe gained from the Newcastle web forums and fan sites most seam to share the same view as myself which optimistic but not counting any chickens.

They always sell players for more than they paid, how many times have we done that? We usually do the opposite. Made a profit on Henderson and Pickford which were good deals but we've never actually sold player on for profit over the years.
They even got their money back for Thauvin IIRC.

That isn't how these stories develop. If it was a simple case of write a story on football that will get more clicks the story would be more on the lines of Jose to get 1billion war chest to bring Messi, Ronaldo, kane and Bale to United.
These stories come about because an editor throws a bit of paper at a journalist and says give me a story on the Newcastle take over, the journalist void of any real information has to make a load of bollocks up and tries to make that bollocks sound interesting. lets face it there would not be much of a story if he told the truth and that is this Staveley lady might be interested in buying the club and I know nothing else.

Also I don't claim to speak for all geordies, I told you about my views and the views of most of the people I know, add to that the general vibe gained from the Newcastle web forums and fan sites most seam to share the same view as myself which optimistic but not counting any chickens.

So the editor gives a journalist orders to fabricate a story no one will buy ..... yes, of course :lol:

It may be bullshit but it's served up to people who'll gladly swallow it.

Or perhaps you think journalists keep their jobs by continually feeding their editors embarrassing bullshit.

Last edited:
No idea to the op, but it feels like 1994 all over again. If I'm honest I wish we could both just get our shit right, the late 90's were a great time to be a Sunderland fan even if the Mags were better than us.

So the editor gives a journalist orders to fabricate a story no one will buy ..... yes, of course :lol:

It may be bullshit but it's served up to people who'll gladly swallow it.
Reading something and believing something are different you realise?
For example I clicked the article thinking what is this nonsense about and i even read it, Not for a moment did I believe it was the truth.
Did you read the article? did you believe it?

No idea to the op, but it feels like 1994 all over again. If I'm honest I wish we could both just get our shit right, the late 90's were a great time to be a Sunderland fan even if the Mags were better than us.
I think both teams deserve to be comfortable in the premiership without having to worry about relegation given the size and support of both clubs. Both clubs have suffered some serious mismanagement over the past 10years.

Last edited:
Reading something and believing something are different you realise?
For example I clicked the article thinking what is this nonsense about and i even read it, Not for a moment did I believe it was the truth.
Did you read the article? did you believe it?

I think both teams deserve to be comfortable in the premiership without having to worry about relegation given the size and support of both clubs. Both clubs have suffered some serious mismanagement over the past 10years.

I didn't read it nor did I believe this story ....

Logon or register to see this image

...... but thousands bought the paper and many believed it.

As I said papers produce copy because they know it will make them money from gullible people who spend their time & money on it and want to believe it.

If they didn't sell copies their advertisers wouldn't pay them and they'd fold.

And yes, I realise all newspapers fold or the paper boys would never get them through your letter box :lol:

Just seeing on Sunday Supplement that Rafa could get a £500m chest of war if/when Mike takes his money and runs. Painful as it is the scum could clearly be set for some exciting times again.

Point is, would we benefit if they did start challenging the top 6, getting European football? Would one resurgent NE team help wake up the football investing world of the potential of the other huge NE club (not S Shields). Of course there'd be the "we define you, forever in our shadow" shite, who cares though - they'd soon be telling us that Barca and Real are their true rivals anyway..

WHY POST THIS CRAP. DO YOU really believe it?

The new owners are going to spend the best part of 1 BILLION QUID on the scum eh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Excuse the ignorance mate, what happened in the late 90's ?

a resurgent Newcastle would be the death of us. Let's be honest, neither of us have had anything to shout about recently so inevitably it turns into a mini league between us because that's all either club have. We still had supporters around me at Brentford yesterday declaring the mags were winning. If they take off and leave us lightyears behind them, what does that leave? I genuinely believe our recent drop in crowds is due to the fact Newcastle are now so far ahead of us. We're literally playing for nothing and when there's nowt to play for most crowds naturally fade. Our crowds wouldn't have dropped below 30,000 this season if we still had Newcastle in our league.

sad but true imo.

a resurgent Newcastle would be the death of us. Let's be honest, neither of us have had anything to shout about recently so inevitably it turns into a mini league between us because that's all either club have. We still had supporters around me at Brentford yesterday declaring the mags were winning. If they take off and leave us lightyears behind them, what does that leave? I genuinely believe our recent drop in crowds is due to the fact Newcastle are now so far ahead of us. We're literally playing for nothing and when there's nowt to play for most crowds naturally fade. Our crowds wouldn't have dropped below 30,000 this season if we still had Newcastle in our league.

sad but true imo.
They're not so far ahead of us though. Fourteen teams start the PL season fighting relegation and currently the mags are one of them. At the stat of the season I said they were capable of anywhere between 8th and bottom. Now I'd say 7th and 16th.
In a year or two they might be so far ahead but not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back