Could we benefit from a resurgent scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcastle don't know how lucky they are in having Ashley as the owner. They protested and that kickstarted the investment needed to push on.

They spent near £80m before the drop and another £40m to get back up, they already had the core of players needed to bounce back. If we want to move forwards ourselves we need a new owner, Short will not invest any further and happy enough to watch us slide into oblivion. It's a kick in the teeth watching them winning all the time, I was hoping they would come back down but they probably end up mid table in the Prem.

Any sale will fall through unless it’s absolutely silly money just like our so called sale to the Germans.

If you believe what you read in the press, it is a lot further forward than the German take over ever got.

Regardless, i think that if Newcastle were to be able to compete for a top 4 place it would take an overhaul in the region of £300m to compete when you look at the other teams in there. There is a lot of shite turning out for Newcastle at the minute and the position in the league is pure luck.

If you believe what you read in the press, it is a lot further forward than the German take over ever got.

Regardless, i think that if Newcastle were to be able to compete for a top 4 place it would take an overhaul in the region of £300m to compete when you look at the other teams in there. There is a lot of shite turning out for Newcastle at the minute and the position in the league is pure luck.

:lol:

So bitter.

Newcastle don't know how lucky they are in having Ashley as the owner. They protested and that kickstarted the investment needed to push on.

They spent near £80m before the drop and another £40m to get back up, they already had the core of players needed to bounce back. If we want to move forwards ourselves we need a new owner, Short will not invest any further and happy enough to watch us slide into oblivion. It's a kick in the teeth watching them winning all the time, I was hoping they would come back down but they probably end up mid table in the Prem.
They made a similar profit on transfers last summer to us this summer.

£500m to spend :lol:

As if you can just plough that much money into the club

Manchester City did, financial fair play only applies to poorer clubs, the system has just meant the "big" clubs get bigger and further ahead.

Doesn't Ashley want £300 million for the club ...... £800 million for Newcastle United to compete against Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs to finish in the top 4.

Not a chance.

And no mention of FFP in all this, it's not quite as easy as "here's £500m, you and make us mint"

I know, you have to create a mega bucks shirt and stadium sponsorship deal....On the plus side I guess it means that the money going into the club cannot hock the club up to the eye balls.

The difference is that while they sold players they had a realistic budget to buy players to replace them. Grayson was given around 1/50th of what was brought in through sales.

They always sell players for more than they paid, how many times have we done that? We usually do the opposite. Made a profit on Henderson and Pickford which were good deals but we've never actually sold player on for profit over the years.

They always sell players for more than they paid, how many times have we done that? We usually do the opposite. Made a profit on Henderson and Pickford which were good deals but we've never actually sold player on for profit over the years.

van Aanholt?

Van Aanholt as well, but that's a different point to the one you made earlier.

Point is, would we benefit if they did start challenging the top 6, getting European football? Would one resurgent NE team help wake up the football investing world of the potential of the other huge NE club (not S Shields).

Did it benefit you when we got European football a few seasons ago?

Did it benefit you when we were consistantly getting Champion's League/UEFA Cup football in the 90's and early 2000's?

Yes and Van Aanholt. The point is they've done very well over the years and Short hasn't, to many mistakes whether it's players sold for less or not the right investment in players. Newcastle have spent the money to go back into the Prem we haven't, that's Shorts choice but it won't get the club back up not spending in my opinion.

When the Keegan/John Hall thing started in 1992, I thought it might stimulate a similar interest in Sunderland AFC too. Despite us reaching the Cup Final and them narrowly avoiding relegation there was no feel good factor. In fact it started an era of wilderness years, certainly until Peter Reid arrived.

With many supporters seemingly happy to give up on our club in crisis, I can see another wilderness years era this time too.

Waghorn too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back