Copenhagen

Status
Not open for further replies.

I live pretty much as far from the capital as I probably could do and rarely go there, am afraid. @mini-x2 is a much better person to ask about the place. There was a thread about pubs and stuff some time back with decent suggestions. Let me have a look, one sec.

But I do recommend visiting Christania. It is well worth a visit. But please, do not take any photos while there.

Edit: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/copenhagen.666401/

You know a lot about Copenhagen for a Dutchman like

Best restaurant in the world there, its called Noma. Not been but X wife lives there and says it is incredible.

I'm going there next week for a few days, what's best to see and do? I've currently got nothing planned yet other than a gig on one of the nights and some alternative Copenhagen tour so I'm after some inspiration.

Best places for a few beers? Cheap(ish) places to eat? What attractions are actually worth a visit?

Would welcome any advice that isn't just the usual tourist spots too.

Cheers.

Been. Absolutely shit hot, mate. Can't fail.

Get yersel down to the canal bit and sit down the water side - full of bars.

As cities go, as good as you'll get.

Went there for my 40th. Nice city - but got my camera stolen in the tourist information office which was a bummer - and my folks who came through to babysit for us managed to break the, then, new bath tap.

You're likely reaction the Little Mermaid will be "Is that it?....."

Bump for any last tips, I'm away tomorrow.
the lasses are beautiful
the beer's expensive unless you 'shop around' or drink bottles outside if the weathers nice
people get extremely drunk
the nightclubs/bars stay open til about 5 am with loads of live music
it's a brilliant place and you can't go wrong basically :cool:

Bump for any last tips, I'm away tomorrow.
Are you self catering or stopping in a hotel? I found the supermarket to be surprisingly cheap for some items, especially wine.
At some point buy yourself a hot dog from one of the hundreds of vendors around the city. Disgustingly delicious.
A wander along the river is lovely. I even went for a run a couple of times when I was there, I've never done that on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back