Copenhagen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with @mini-x2 tip of the Bang og Jensen bar.
Oldbarren is a cracking little bar that @Bob Fleming recommended. Got canny tipsy on some 8% gear.

I thought Tivoli Gardens was a bit disappointing but the Carlsberg Brewery was worth a visit. I stopped at Isle Brygge and enjoyed just walking by the river into the city centre.

Slightly off topic but I searched for my old threads on the subject. My God what an annoying cretin that Johnna was. Can't ask a simple question without that gobshite polluting the thread.

Found another of the old threads. The bars/pubs both @mini-x2 and @Bob Fleming recommended are listed there as well.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/whos-been-to-copenhagen.947435/page-6 (from post #113 and on)

The hiring a bicycle idea is good, as well. Especially if the weather is nice.

Am surprised to see how many different threads on our capital there have been on here. I knew there had been some but not that many. 'Tis wonderful.

Christiania for sure, unlike the centre of town the beer is reasonably priced. Not into the smokes myself but well worth a visit. And as previous post said, National Museum very good.
Also go over to Malmo on the train just cos you can! I was lucky enough to be there a couple of summers ago when they had a match in a Champions League Prelim round so the place was buzzing. There's the usual European town square with a few bars and cafes, very nice.

If you head to Malmö via train make sure you have your passport with you. The Swedes re-introduced it (after decades without) in a way to control the immigrant numbers. Even being English you won't get past and onto the Malmö train unless you have a passport or similar papers on you.

Found another of the old threads. The bars/pubs both @mini-x2 and @Bob Fleming recommended are listed there as well.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/whos-been-to-copenhagen.947435/page-6 (from post #113 and on)

The hiring a bicycle idea is good, as well. Especially if the weather is nice.

Am surprised to see how many different threads on our capital there have been on here. I knew there had been some but not that many. 'Tis wonderful.

Denmark and Sweden must be two of the most popular countries in the world. They just seem so lovely from the outside looking in.

If you would like to add to Malmo suggestions feel free there marra, that's the ultimate destination of my trip.
Not an awful lot of extraordinary stuff to see or do there. Cheap and very good falafel everywhere. Quite a few parks, if you enjoy a stroll. The museum of science and technology is alright (cheap as well). Möllevångstorget and Lilla Torg for a nice (cheapish) pint. Stay away from Rosengård.

Not an awful lot of extraordinary stuff to see or do there. Cheap and very good falafel everywhere. Quite a few parks, if you enjoy a stroll. The museum of science and technology is alright (cheap as well). Möllevångstorget and Lilla Torg for a nice (cheapish) pint. Stay away from Rosengård.

That's nice to know as I am vegan now, like your good self.

Denmark and Sweden must be two of the most popular countries in the world. They just seem so lovely from the outside looking in.

To me the NE of England is very similar. Which is one of the reasons I feel so much at home there. All three places just seem to have a more relaxed way of life that probably appeals to many people.

That's nice to know as I am vegan now, like your good self.
Aye? If you're staying for more than a day or two, I'd recommend that you pay a visit to any of the following: Balthazar (limited vegan options), Govindas (cheap), Kao's (decent vegan menu, bit more expensive), or Möllans Pizzeria (10+ vegan pizzas). All of them are in close proximity to Möllevångstorget/Folkets Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
i visited in 2012, amazing city... went with the family and the bairn was quite young so not sure there is anything to recommend, other than its an amazing city... and the women are awesome, and doubly amazing when riding a bike!

hired bikes for the day, thats excellent... local beer is fantastic to drink imho...

Aye? If you're staying for more than a day or two, I'd recommend that you pay a visit to any of the following: Balthazar, Govindas, Kao's, or Möllans Pizzeria. All of them are in close proximity to Möllevångstorget/Folkets Park.
I went to a place called Govindas in Sydney 20 years ago. It was a Hare Krishna vegan restaurant with a cinema, cracking place. I'm no vegan but had some lovely bait before watching The Usual Suspects.

If you head to Malmö via train make sure you have your passport with you. The Swedes re-introduced it (after decades without) in a way to control the immigrant numbers. Even being English you won't get past and onto the Malmö train unless you have a passport or similar papers on you.
was reading about this the other day... the train from copenhagen stops at the airport station and everyone has to pass through an airport style passport control, bags & all... not sure if the train waits or you catch the following train... sounds a right pain.

I went to a place called Govindas in Sydney 20 years ago. It was a Hare Krishna vegan restaurant with a cinema, cracking place. I'm no vegan but had some lovely bait before watching The Usual Suspects.
Aye, Govindas is a chain affiliated with the Hare Krishna movement iirc. The one in Malmö, sadly, hasn't got a cinema.

was reading about this the other day... the train from copenhagen stops at the airport station and everyone has to pass through an airport style passport control, bags & all... not sure if the train waits or you catch the following train... sounds a right pain.

Not sure if the train waits or if you have to catch a second one but you are right, mate, it does sound like a right pain. People working in either Copenhagen or Malmö but living in the other commuting each day to and from work are not best pleased either.

there is also a website all about copenhagen cycling, and the fashion that people have when out... very little lyrca and very few helmets... when i first saw the site i wondered if there was cannon fodder for a euro2016 aupair stlye thread! :) :lol:

http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com/

Exhibt A) :

Logon or register to see this image

:lol:

Don't forget on sunny days lasses sunbathe topless in town parks. And pretty much on every beach in the land, too. The lady who has the allotment opposite ours takes her gear off when she does her garden pretty much the second the sun comes out.

If you would like to add to Malmo suggestions feel free there marra, that's the ultimate destination of my trip.
Was only there for the afternoon/evening so didnt get too far in. Went to the ground, couldnt get a ticket so basked in the old town square, Lilla Torg (i think), in the sun. Very pleasant i thought. Definitely not a shithole.

It certainly is. Went for a few days with the missus a few years ago and loved it. We're going back in the summer with the nipper. Will then head on to Odense and then some small out of the way place I've forgotten the name of. Couple of weeks in total. Hope the rest of the country is just as charming and relaxed as Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back