Copenhagen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going there next week for a few days, what's best to see and do? I've currently got nothing planned yet other than a gig on one of the nights and some alternative Copenhagen tour so I'm after some inspiration.

Best places for a few beers? Cheap(ish) places to eat? What attractions are actually worth a visit?

Would welcome any advice that isn't just the usual tourist spots too.

Cheers.

I went last year, my mate lived over there. Best European city by a country mile that i have been too. Great pubs and if you are a smoker some of them let you smoke in them, great people and fairly cheap, even though the currency makes you think your spending more than you are.

Are you self catering or stopping in a hotel? I found the supermarket to be surprisingly cheap for some items, especially wine.
At some point buy yourself a hot dog from one of the hundreds of vendors around the city. Disgustingly delicious.
A wander along the river is lovely. I even went for a run a couple of times when I was there, I've never done that on holiday.

Just a hostel.

I've always fancied Copenhagen, but the price unfortunately always frightens me off.

I know a lad that's been with his lass like, and said it was class.

Not too different from London, like all places you can do it on the cheap. Flights were only £20 return.
that's class like tbf, enjoy your trip mate.

it shouldnt, its really not as bad as people say it is once you look into it...
Fair play mate, I haven't looked tbh. just always been told its extremely dear.. Done plenty of other city's the last few years like.

Krakow, Hamburg, Barca and Budapest.

on our trip to copenhagen, we took the train to hamburg for the second half of our holiday and i didnt really notice *that* much difference to be honest... certainly from memory the cost of transport, the cost of hotel was no different... i was away with the family so wasnt out on the lash, but i don't recall a few social sherry's of an evening breaking the bank... its just on a par with any other european capital.

Are you self catering or stopping in a hotel? I found the supermarket to be surprisingly cheap for some items, especially wine.
At some point buy yourself a hot dog from one of the hundreds of vendors around the city. Disgustingly delicious.
A wander along the river is lovely. I even went for a run a couple of times when I was there, I've never done that on holiday.

:lol: This. Complete with a line of lovely remoulade.

on our trip to copenhagen, we took the train to hamburg for the second half of our holiday and i didnt really notice *that* much difference to be honest... certainly from memory the cost of transport, the cost of hotel was no different... i was away with the family so wasnt out on the lash, but i don't recall a few social sherry's of an evening breaking the bank... its just on a par with any other european capital.

Did you go on the guided Forbrydelsen Tour while in Copenhagen ?

Last edited:
Did you go on the guided Forbrydelsen Tour while in Copenhagen ?
:lol: no i didnt, but then forbrydelsen tended to utilise the more darker, run down dank corners of København... we did however have a long look around christiansborg slot, just so i could sit where wor sidse had sat... :lol:

mind, our claim to fame was when we hired bikes, stopped off at nyhavn for a beer and when leaving clocked a famous (to us) nordic actor sitting outside a cafe having a pint... being british, rather than asking for a selfie we engineered some photos with him in the background! :lol: what i've subsequently learnt is that Søren Malling was sitting outside the cafe\bar he part owns himself! :)

that's class like tbf, enjoy your trip mate.

Fair play mate, I haven't looked tbh. just always been told its extremely dear.. Done plenty of other city's the last few years like.

Cheers mate. After a year in London and £4.90 a pint in my local I've become more than accustomed to paying mental prices so not particularly concerned by that. Hotel prices were crazy expensive though.

Always preferred the cartons of Matilde meself

They are lovely, too. Mathilde is best for heating up and served with whipped cream on top. Or used in cakes. For hotdogs it's got to be Cocio.

Logon or register to see this image

:lol: no i didnt, but then forbrydelsen tended to utilise the more darker, run down dank corners of København... we did however have a long look around christiansborg slot, just so i could sit where wor sidse had sat... :lol:

mind, our claim to fame was when we hired bikes, stopped off at nyhavn for a beer and when leaving clocked a famous (to us) nordic actor sitting outside a cafe having a pint... being british, rather than asking for a selfie we engineered some photos with him in the background! :lol: what i've subsequently learnt is that Søren Malling was sitting outside the cafe\bar he part owns himself! :)

:lol: I love that. He probably got there on a bicycle himself, being a keen cyclist.

Cheers mate. After a year in London and £4.90 a pint in my local I've become more than accustomed to paying mental prices so not particularly concerned by that. Hotel prices were crazy expensive though.

One of the things that always pop up when the Lads are shown on the telly here (and win) is that the commentators say it will be a busy night in the city with the three points, happy punters and Sunderland having the cheapest prices on beer in all of England. The times they have said this in the last few weeks of the season just gone was amusing. I still don't know if they are right or not but you could put your house on them saying it at least once in each game.

Always preferred the cartons of Matilde meself

Oh, and a good tip if you fancy something a little bit different, use Matilde instead of milk in your pancakes and you will get the most wonderful, light brown pancakes with a slight hint of chocolatemilk. Absolutely delishious with proper vanilla ice cream on a hot Summer's day at the allotment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back