Connor McLaughlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was cheap, available & had higher level experience with Millwall, highly doubt we did our due diligence to see if his skill set would fit the way we needed to play this year, the lad has no pace, can’t cross a ball and can’t really defend that well. Horrible signing. I’d say same goes for De Bock too from his limited appearances. We have downgraded in both positions it’s a shambles from the recruitment team. Donald Love is getting really good reviews at Shrewsbury and looks better than McLaughlin for fuck sake, we’re talking about getting a good right back for league 1 it can hardly be rocket science.

The way we’ve neglected the loan market not taking young players from the likes of Chelsea is a piss take too.
You’ve hit the nail on the head there with the criteria we’ll have used to identify him. Yet another example of the horrendous lack of thought and planning that goes into our football operations. Another reference to heavy involvement from the incomparable Mr Hill from methven yesterday. This time he’s heavily involved in getting our scouting system set up. What an absolute fraud.

He was cheap, available & had higher level experience with Millwall, highly doubt we did our due diligence to see if his skill set would fit the way we needed to play this year, the lad has no pace, can’t cross a ball and can’t really defend that well. Horrible signing. I’d say same goes for De Bock too from his limited appearances. We have downgraded in both positions it’s a shambles from the recruitment team. Donald Love is getting really good reviews at Shrewsbury and looks better than McLaughlin for fuck sake, we’re talking about getting a good right back for league 1 it can hardly be rocket science.

The way we’ve neglected the loan market not taking young players from the likes of Chelsea is a piss take too.

Love is without doubt a better player than him but was being paid a high wage. He is dreadful. I thought he needed a chance to settle when he had a poor start but he remains terrible.

On paper it was a good signing, last time he played at this level he got in the team of the year.

Same with Grigg, supposedly tried and tested at this level.

I can only conclude the club is too big for them, they both look like they don’t want to be here.

I hate them both.

Love is without doubt a better player than him but was being paid a high wage. He is dreadful. I thought he needed a chance to settle when he had a poor start but he remains terrible.

Hopefully he succeeds but there’s nothing in his game to suggest he’ll improve, I look at the full backs for Luton and Barnsley last year and they looked powerful and dynamic. Ours just aren’t that unfortunately.

I've said it before but we onviulsy haven't been to watch him and De Bocke play a few games, if so there is no way on earth they could have stood out. They are the defensive equivalents of McGeogh.

We've made some good signings but CM is possibly the worst, you can't tell me without taking some time and research we couldn't have identified a right back with a bit hunger, strength and desire who wanted the chance to play at a higher level and would have taken the opportunity with both hands. We've just looked at his CV and said yep we will have him.

It's up to PP to try and change him and quick.

We've lacked someone with an eye for a player for years at this club, how anyone can look at McLaughlin and think he's even a footballer, let alone a decent one, is beyond me.

On paper it was a good signing, last time he played at this level he got in the team of the year.

I can only conclude the club is too big for them, they both look like they don’t want to be here.

I hate them both.

If we were watching players properly we’d know their current ability level. We seem to have a criteria we follow without up to date knowledge. Grigg was in bad form and not getting picked. Same with this lad. Both past their best and not that great at their best.

I’ve paid a lot of attention to McLaughlin since he came in and for the life of me I cannot fathom what anyone saw in him that made him seem like a good player to bring into the club.

You’d think as a fullback ideally he’d be a good solid defender and good going forward.

He’s not.

As a fallback maybe you could accept one of either attributes- nope.

Basically he gets tortured by any decent winger, can’t win much in the air and is weak in the tackle.

Going forward he gets a nosebleed once he crossed the halfway line and his shooting and crossing ability is woeful.

Why oh why did we sign him?

I hate them both.
But that’s exactly the problem. Their only criteria for buying players are price, availability and whether they’ve ever done well at the level previously. It’s so very, very dumb. It’s the sort of analysis that fans exhibit when they’ve just signed a player they’ve not seen before - and it’s excusable in that context. From supposedly experienced professionals it’s absolutely diabolical though. These fuckers are paid - no doubt handsomely - to make bloody sure that the players we source fit the way we intend to play and will be genuine assets to the club going forward.

Not a suprise really. I'd love to know who actually auhrorised this one. He was likely signed out of desperation having missed out on our primary targets.

On a seperate note, I see Curtis Nelsom has only played 2 games for Cardiff. What a waste.

I've said it before but we onviulsy haven't been to watch him and De Bocke play a few games, if so there is no way on earth they could have stood out. They are the defensive equivalents of McGeogh.

We've made some good signings but CM is possibly the worst, you can't tell me without taking some time and research we couldn't have identified a right back with a bit hunger, strength and desire who wanted the chance to play at a higher level and would have taken the opportunity with both hands. We've just looked at his CV and said yep we will have him.

It's up to PP to try and change him and quick.

There's no way we went to Oostende to scout De Bock last season after Leeds shipped him out after only 7 games. A complete stab in the dark after having all summer to get a left back in.

Giving Billy Jones a run for his money as the worst full back ive seen play for us. De Bock is shite aswell just another sicknote that weve signed.

There's no way we went to Oostende to scout De Bock last season after Leeds shipped him out after only 7 games. A complete stab in the dark after having all summer to get a left back in.

100% panicked to get this lad in, they must have realised on deadline day, f***ing hell we have forgot to buy a left back!! Recruitment has been based on CV's, who's available, and cost, no scouting involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back