Connor McLaughlin

1982DurhamSAFC

Midfield
This lad is the biggest half arsed footballer I've ever seen put on the famous red and white stripes. He's an absolute disgrace to himself, his teammates, club & supporters.

His demeanour is shocking. Just looks like he's won the lottery coming here.

Doesn't seem to be any effort to defend, to get back in positions or to attack with any intend. There is no drive in him what so ever.

He needs a rocket up his arse & fast otherwise pedal him!

He was cheap, available & had higher level experience with Millwall, highly doubt we did our due diligence to see if his skill set would fit the way we needed to play this year, the lad has no pace, can’t cross a ball and can’t really defend that well. Horrible signing. I’d say same goes for De Bock too from his limited appearances. We have downgraded in both positions it’s a shambles from the recruitment team. Donald Love is getting really good reviews at Shrewsbury and looks better than McLaughlin for fuck sake, we’re talking about getting a good right back for league 1 it can hardly be rocket science.

The way we’ve neglected the loan market not taking young players from the likes of Chelsea is a piss take too.

Last edited by a moderator:
come on you half arses

This lad is the biggest half arsed footballer I've ever seen put on the famous red and white stripes. He's an absolute disgrace to himself, his teammates, club & supporters.

Doesn't seem to be any effort to defend, to get back in positions or to attack with any intend. There is no drive in him what so ever.

He was cheap, available & had higher level experience with Millwall, highly doubt we did our due diligence to see if his skill set would fit the way we needed to play this year, the lad has no pace, can’t cross a ball and can’t really defend that well. Horrible signing. I’d say same goes for De Bock too from his limited appearances. We have downgraded in both positions it’s a shambles from the recruitment team

Ross said as much in his interview about his signing. All he could say was he available, free, higher level experience and a position we needed to strengthen. Didn’t elaborate on any of his personal strengths or what he’d bring to the team.

Most of our signings seem to have been based on whether they’ve been promoted from this league before, or played at a higher level. We don’t seem to have scouted to actually build or develop a balanced squad. Recruitment has been haphazard at best.

Passes ball forward then makes absolutely nee effort to overlap.
If he was in your Sunday morning team his mates would give him peters .Thats where leaders come in.
Mind, you must not have seen Terry Curran if you think he's the worst in our history for effort .

Ross said as much in his interview about his signing. All he could say was he available, free, higher level experience and a position we needed to strengthen. Didn’t elaborate on any of his personal strengths or what he’d bring to the team.

Most of our signings seem to have been based on whether they’ve been promoted from this league before, or played at a higher level. We don’t seem to have scouted to actually build or develop a balanced squad. Recruitment has been haphazard at best.

Looking at the skill set that he valued in O’Nien I can’t say it’s close to the skillset McLaughlin has. I wonder if he only bought to play the right of a back 3

I don't really think it's lack of effort, i just think he's a really terrible footballer. He's slow of body and slow of mind, which makes him look like he's disinterested imo. Another shining example of our revolving door of shite policy. Peddle Love and James, then get him in. No doubt we'll be doing something similar next year and so the cycle repeats.

Makes Billy Jones look like Kyle Walker, and I thought (at the time) Billy was the worst id ever seen for us. I don't care what level you're at, if your back up no.10 is a better right back than you are, you need to call it a day. Whoever gave the go ahead for this player needs sacking aswell.

He was cheap, available & had higher level experience with Millwall, highly doubt we did our due diligence to see if his skill set would fit the way we needed to play this year, the lad has no pace, can’t cross a ball and can’t really defend that well. Horrible signing. I’d say same goes for De Bock too from his limited appearances. We have downgraded in both positions it’s a shambles from the recruitment team. Donald Love is getting really good reviews at Shrewsbury and looks better than McLaughlin for fuck sake, we’re talking about getting a good right back for league 1 it can hardly be rocket science.

The way we’ve neglected the loan market not taking young players from the likes of Chelsea is a piss take too.

please not the loan market look at the last lot of tossers we signed, with loans we will never get anywhere cos frankly they don’t give a flying fuck, second thoughts they would fit right in ...

please not the loan market look at the last lot of tossers we signed, with loans we will never get anywhere cos frankly they don’t give a flying fuck, second thoughts they would fit right in ...

I’d rather take my chances on loanees then give lower league plodders 1 & 2 year deals.

How has he even made it to the Championship with International caps?

I literally haven’t seen one thing he’s good at. Slow, ponderous, can’t really tackle, doesn’t put a good ball in, doesn’t really get forward, not very good at defending.

This is the exact reason the scouts / recruitment team is criticised.

Mumba has played right back for the 23s for months and can’t be any worse than this lad.

i'd love to see the scouting report. someone is stealing a living and its not the player.

shocking recruitment, and its not about money
Personally, I don't think he is half as bad as the fans on here make out but he's the new boo boy so everyone will jump on the bandwagon and he won't improve with that scenario.
its the old 'he does a job' rationale

same reason billy jones played so much. fullback is an important position in the modern game, anytime weve had good full backs weve done well, when we just pretend it only takes a body to fill in thats when we get issues and decline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back