Connor McLaughlin

Agreed. I thought Reece James was limited and out his depth, but dear me this lad is supposed to be an international footballer. Loves to hit a cross off the lad in front of him, slice the ball out of play, looks weak as piss jumping for a header. He’s got nothing about him
Matthews, Reece, oviedo, hume.

McLaughlin, de bock, Hume.

We're going backwards, and another season at this level we'll be backwards again.

Hope we can get our season up and running, but its hard to see right now.

Which has also been pointed out on here mate. The RB McLaughlin is dreadful and the keeper McLaughlin not playing well doesn't change that
Tbf I don't think the lad had a bad first half, however like the rest of the team switched off second half. The problem is apart from O9 ( who I'm sure doesn't want to play there) he hasn't got anyone in the squad putting any pressure on him..

He was cheap, available & had higher level experience with Millwall, highly doubt we did our due diligence to see if his skill set would fit the way we needed to play this year, the lad has no pace, can’t cross a ball and can’t really defend that well. Horrible signing. I’d say same goes for De Bock too from his limited appearances. We have downgraded in both positions it’s a shambles from the recruitment team. Donald Love is getting really good reviews at Shrewsbury and looks better than McLaughlin for fuck sake, we’re talking about getting a good right back for league 1 it can hardly be rocket science.

The way we’ve neglected the loan market not taking young players from the likes of Chelsea is a piss take too.
I thought Donald Love was abysmal when we played Shrewsbury and that was with lots of protection in a very defensive back five.
Let’s face it, no one watched him play before we signed him. He was a free agent willing to sign from a championship club and that was enough for the powers that be to snap him up.
Yes, I think you're exactly right. Coton, even if he is just one man, has a full time job to find players for Sunderland. Imagine, if your sole working purpose was to find players for our club, I think any of us would do a better job.

Last edited:
Let’s face it, no one watched him play before we signed him. He was a free agent willing to sign from a championship club and that was enough for the powers that be to snap him up.

He had only played 8 games before that championship club cast him aside and his spell at Fleetwood was mainly in league two. A lazy signing who is absolutely dire, I’d gladly never watch him again

That Jake Clarke salter was ace. You want more like him?
Or are you thinking of Ruben sammut?

Thinking more of the impact Reece James made at Wigan last year etc. In our league Donny did well with Herbie Kane from Liverpool. When we last went up we obviously had the impact from Jonny Evans
I thought Donald Love was abysmal when we played Shrewsbury and that was with lots of protection in a very defensive back five.

Yes, I think you're exactly right. Coton, even if he is just one man, has a full time job to find players for Sunderland. Imagine, if your sole working purpose was to find players for our club, I think any of us would do a better job.

Didn’t have his best game against us but their fans been raving about him all season.

Last edited by a moderator:
This lad is the biggest half arsed footballer I've ever seen put on the famous red and white stripes. He's an absolute disgrace to himself, his teammates, club & supporters.

His demeanour is shocking. Just looks like he's won the lottery coming here.

Doesn't seem to be any effort to defend, to get back in positions or to attack with any intend. There is no drive in him what so ever.

He needs a rocket up his arse & fast otherwise pedal him!
I got pelters at Ipswich for shouting he was shite .
I really did need @PhilSAFC then

It's not his body language or lack of attacking intent that gets me.

It's the fact he frequently leaves the left winger of the opposing team completely unmarked every single game.

Drifts off in la la land and before you know it it's on the edge of our box and someone has a free run.

You see he's a total albatross from minute 1 when he can't pass a yards distance.

The ones who maintained, "He hasn't been tried in his right position" (in spite of him being moved out there in the first match); I have two in mind. :)

Must be his turn today for criticism
They are all not very good - lets be honest
Not very good is one thing and would be accepted by most sunderland fans as long as effort is there.Watch him closely and see what you think?
I would never boo my team and am generally a happy clapper ( probs too optomistic) .He pushes the frustration button for me .

Not very good is one thing and would be accepted by most sunderland fans as long as effort is there.Watch him closely and see what you think?
I would never boo my team and am generally a happy clapper ( probs too optomistic) .He pushes the frustration button for me .
Not defending him at all, bit like his good self

He needs a rocket up his arse

Funnily enough those were my exact words at the match yesterday.

I never want to criticise any players as sadly we aren't going to have the quality we have previoysly had, but I would honestly rather play one of the young lads like we have with Hume.

Back