Connor McLaughlin

He's worse than Tommy Lynch, Mark Lynch and Donald Love absolutely f***ing wank.
Weak as piss and is looking to get rid of the ball like a hot potato before he's even received it, soft in the air, can't cross, the list goes on......

I can't believe a club needing a full rebuild on the playing side would even contemplate cutting the recruitment/scouting side of things. How on earth did they expect to get value for money without it?
Tbh it wouldn’t have been such a problem if Coton and Hill weren’t a pair of outdated frauds. I reckon I could have found a load of better players with a few grand and a laptop.

To be fair no one probably could watch him given he played two games from November onwards last season :lol:

Absolute shambles of a signing.
Even if he’d been good it would have been a disgrace tbh. What kind of negligent process has Sunderland afc ringing round every club in the land trying to sign any unwanted left back on deadline day? Bunch of amateurs.

Edit: Fuck it, you’re on about the other one. Ah well. It’s still true:lol:

Last edited:
Watched Bardsley yesterday for Burnley, played alright for a EPL side. Not good enough for the fcukwits on here.
different level though isnt it. I liked bardo but comparing prem league with the situation now is totally different.

the fact is we can pick up almost anyone we want from league 1, 2 and national and we've somehow still managed to show the imagination of a slug with our signings by and large. in fact the last two transfer windows are similar to the last few years since BSA left just at a worse level.

i was hoping for the next lawrence, whitehead or wallace at least given all the big chat from the owners how recruitment was the number 1 priority and will "make or break a club". Turns out he hasnt followed his own advice and he probably realises it.

Tbh it wouldn’t have been such a problem if Coton and Hill weren’t a pair of outdated frauds. I reckon I could have found a load of better players with a few grand and a laptop.

Well at least now our scouting team are going to be well funded outdated frauds. Woo-hoo.

The current set up is a joke. We are going to waste a load of money them because SD just hired his mates and can't bring himself to sack them.

I bet Parky goes before either if those two.

This lad is the biggest half arsed footballer I've ever seen put on the famous red and white stripes. He's an absolute disgrace to himself, his teammates, club & supporters.

His demeanour is shocking. Just looks like he's won the lottery coming here.

Doesn't seem to be any effort to defend, to get back in positions or to attack with any intend. There is no drive in him what so ever.

He needs a rocket up his arse & fast otherwise pedal him!

Well done Richard Hill and Tony Coton for scouting him.
The future is in real good hands

This lad is the biggest half arsed footballer I've ever seen put on the famous red and white stripes. He's an absolute disgrace to himself, his teammates, club & supporters.

Doesn't seem to be any effort to defend, to get back in positions or to attack with any intend. There is no drive in him what so ever.

Remember all of the arguments on here about whether or not Phil Bardsley was shit? Remember every single right back we have suffered through since?

I'd like to see mumba given a go at right back, purely because I'm not convinced McLaughlin really brings anything to the team in either direction.

Agreed. This lad is horrendous, we should write it off and find another solution as we can't afford to keep hoping he learns all of the basics over night.
Remember all of the arguments on here about whether or not Phil Bardsley was shit? Remember every single right back we have suffered through since?

Yedlin was decent. We decided not to bother buying him. Great decision making once again.

He's the slowest fullback I've ever seen. The clown shoe recruitment team need peddling with him.

Jordan Hunter is doing really well at South Shields. He’s on a season long loan, but must be a better bet for next season.
Get the kids in, they must have the desire to play for the shirt rather than just pick up a wage

Ok he’s crap, but there are 5 pages here hammering our scouting team and no one has mentioned that this lad was probably our 10th choice. Isn’t there a list somewhere of all the fullbacks we wanted but went elsewhere? Clearly the management didn’t really want him, he was just a body in the end.

Recruitment clearly hasn’t been good enough but I think someone should highlight how difficult it must be. Players of the calibre we expect don’t want to come here.

He's worse than Tommy Lynch, Mark Lynch and Donald Love absolutely f***ing wank.
Weak as piss and is looking to get rid of the ball like a hot potato before he's even received it, soft in the air, can't cross, the list goes on......

They were all in my top 5 worst of all-time along with Sir Gareth Hall. McLaughlin makes it.

We seem intent on replacing one poor right-back with an even worse one, incredible it’s been going on for years. Who would have thought Billy Jones could have been surpassed.

Last edited:
Passes ball forward then makes absolutely nee effort to overlap.
If he was in your Sunday morning team his mates would give him peters .Thats where leaders come in.
Mind, you must not have seen Terry Curran if you think he's the worst in our history for effort .

Overlap to do what?
Put shit crosses in like every other fullback we’ve had.

Any yet PP still plays him.
Give Mumba a shout in there.

Back