Civil service jobs platform

we’ve been doing some recruitment over the last few months. It’s taking GRS a bit longer to do PECS I believe. With the amount of work they have on.

Anyone know how the central civil service jobs platform works?

I've been offered a definite start date for one department on 22/2, but I've got a provisional one for 3/1 elsewhere that I would prefer. They both pissed me around for months and then, very typically, both responded at once with a date. Mind, the lockdown has come in since that so I'm anticipating further delays.

Can the two departments see if I accept both and wait to see what happens? Or will the system/the recruitment team see this and stop me from accepting both?

No they can't. Accept the BPV one and if the OGD come along and offer you a later start date take it and bin HMRC off

if you cant make a decision between these 2 jobs I wouldnt employ you.
:lol:
I know what you're saying. The only reason it's even a question is that there's a chance the Land Registry will drop me as they are still doing the pre-employment checks, whereas I've already passed them with HMRC. I have failed them previously with the passport office, because I lived abroad too recently.

I know what you're saying. The only reason it's even a question is that there's a chance the Land Registry will drop me as they are still doing the pre-employment checks, whereas I've already passed them with HMRC. I have failed them previously with the passport office, because I lived abroad too recently.
That could be passport related that though.

If you accept a job with HMRC then the only way they can stop you moving to another job is if its another job at the same grade within HMRC.

If you accept the HMRC job and are then offered the Land Registry job there isn't a thing HMRC can do about it and you are free to go.

The civil service recruitment team are there to simply run the recruitment system, do the checks and put in the scores.

Anyone know how the central civil service jobs platform works?

I've been offered a definite start date for one department on 22/2, but I've got a provisional one for 3/1 elsewhere that I would prefer. They both pissed me around for months and then, very typically, both responded at once with a date. Mind, the lockdown has come in since that so I'm anticipating further delays.

Can the two departments see if I accept both and wait to see what happens? Or will the system/the recruitment team see this and stop me from accepting both?

How did this go for you mate?

I'm currently going through pre employment checks for a position which sound great, working from home permanently and it's a really rewarding job.

However today I've been given an offer for a DWP work coach role. The salary is slightly higher than the above position but I can bet the conditions are nowhere near as good.

I'm a bit stuck on what to do so going to take a few days to think it over. Are you able to accept two offers at the same time? Or will accepting one cancel the other?
we’ve been doing some recruitment over the last few months. It’s taking GRS a bit longer to do PECS I believe. With the amount of work they have on.

Any advice on the above mate? I've asked my H and they've basically said they have no idea if accepting a second offer will have any impact on the first.

Last edited:

I'm currently going through pre employment checks for a position which sound great, working from home permanently and it's a really rewarding job.

However today I've been given an offer for a DWP work coach role. The salary is slightly higher than the above position but I can bet the conditions are nowhere near as good.

I'm a bit stuck on what to do so going to take a few days to think it over. Are you able to accept two offers at the same time? Or will accepting one cancel the other?

Any advice on the above mate? I've asked my H and they've basically said they have no idea if accepting a second offer will have any impact on the first.

I’m not 100% sure mate. I would imagine you can, as nothing happens with your pay/transfer until your current manager fills in a CS employee transfer form and they won’t get that until you have an agreed start date.

I’m just about to join a DWP UC digital hub. Was chatting to them last week and was told 99% of staff are WFH and will be moving to blended working in the future. So saves travelling.

In the end, I declined the HMRC offer because the hours and pay were considerably worse and the travel would have been impossible had WFH ended.

I accepted the offer at HM Land Registry and I start on 1st March! And the pay is several thousand more than I thought it was, so that's a bonus!

im a dwp work coach, what so u need to know mate?

I’m not 100% sure mate. I would imagine you can, as nothing happens with your pay/transfer until your current manager fills in a CS employee transfer form and they won’t get that until you have an agreed start date.

I’m just about to join a DWP UC digital hub. Was chatting to them last week and was told 99% of staff are WFH and will be moving to blended working in the future. So saves travelling.

You would think there is a definitive answer for this as it must be dead common. Really frustrating but typical of the CS.

I've emailed both department seeking clarification anyway, so at least I should know in the next week or so. Thanks for the input as always and best of luck with the new role. I used the UC digital service for a while as a case manager whilst in Surge, it's very user friendly.
im a dwp work coach, what so u need to know mate?

Are you able to PM me mate? I'll clear my inbox now.

In the end, I declined the HMRC offer because the hours and pay were considerably worse and the travel would have been impossible had WFH ended.

I accepted the offer at HM Land Registry and I start on 1st March! And the pay is several thousand more than I thought it was, so that's a bonus!

I started at HMLR last Monday and have loved every single minute of it so far. Good luck!

You would think there is a definitive answer for this as it must be dead common. Really frustrating but typical of the CS.

I've emailed both department seeking clarification anyway, so at least I should know in the next week or so. Thanks for the input as always and best of luck with the new role. I used the UC digital service for a while as a case manager whilst in Surge, it's very user friendly.

Are you able to PM me mate? I'll clear my inbox now.
have done

Wonder if the hmrc pay offer, released Monday gone, would have swayed it for you. 2 days WFH minimum, uplift of all minimum bands. Decent for the majority.

Hmrc pay offer

Back