Civil service jobs platform

Thanks @Stormo really appreciate it.

Thanks mate. It seems like a very good scheme tbf, slightly dissapointed I didn't make the cut for HEO appointments but happy for the opportunity.

The next fast stream is Sep/Oct time. Very confident that I will be able to perform much better than last time (providing I make it to the FSAC again).

How's things going on your end mate? Anything new?

Aye it’s a good scheme mate and should hopefully lead to more opportunities. Sounds like a canny role you’ve got as well?

Not too bad, cheers. Been back in DWP 4 months now and it’s going well. Helps being at home like, the flexibility has been great. My manager is based in London, only ever calls me to chat about football.

Aye it’s a good scheme mate and should hopefully lead to more opportunities. Sounds like a canny role you’ve got as well?

Not too bad, cheers. Been back in DWP 4 months now and it’s going well. Helps being at home like, the flexibility has been great. My manager is based in London, only ever calls me to chat about football.

Yeah mate it's a project management role in security transformation. Putting me through a level 4 apprenticeship (formally recognised not just CS) aswell with scope to progress onto higher quals. Really excited for it.

Ah glad to hear you're back in DWP. are you working from home full time now? Sounds like you have it quite well there if they don't bother you much lol.

Yeah mate it's a project management role in security transformation. Putting me through a level 4 apprenticeship (formally recognised not just CS) aswell with scope to progress onto higher quals. Really excited for it.

Ah glad to hear you're back in DWP. are you working from home full time now? Sounds like you have it quite well there if they don't bother you much lol.

Nice one mate, sounds great. I’ve got a few staff going through their level 4, they’re enjoying. They get a day a week to work on it as well.

Yeah mate, talk of going back in towards the end of the year. It’s been spot on so far, seems like there’s opportunities to move on and progress as well.

Nice one mate, sounds great. I’ve got a few staff going through their level 4, they’re enjoying. They get a day a week to work on it as well.

Yeah mate, talk of going back in towards the end of the year. It’s been spot on so far, seems like there’s opportunities to move on and progress as well.
My lass is doing the level 5 apprenticeship. Lot of work involved but pleased she’s using the day a week for it. I did the level 7 last year, didn’t seem like there was as much work involved but was with a different company.

A day a week? That's class like, hopefully mine is the same. I know in surge it was supposed to be 20% apprenticeship but we only got 2 learning days a month.

Smashing mate, hopefully it continues the way things are for you, get applying for them opportunities when they come up as well, sure you're more than capable.

Class that mate.

I've just got my start date in September for the department of international trade via the fast stream. Much thanks to @Oli Wagkz for absolutely bucket loads of advice through the process.
Nice one, if @Oli Wagkz can get on it anyone can ;)

Liked the idea of the different placements on the fast stream, I'm not eligible to apply for it now.

Good luck, it'll be interesting getting involved in different departments over the course

Nice one, if @Oli Wagkz can get on it anyone can ;)

Liked the idea of the different placements on the fast stream, I'm not eligible to apply for it now.

Good luck, it'll be interesting getting involved in different departments over the course

The whole thing just get me proper excited tbh. Really like the sound of the diplomatic Relations stream, especially now the fco and dfid have merged. Working on issues such as poverty, climate change, economic development and human rights really tick the boxes for me. Feel that strongly about these issues that i have even started writing my Open Uni assignments specifically in a way that will educate me further on them 😂.

How come you are ineligible mate? Are you at too high a grade now?

The whole thing just get me proper excited tbh. Really like the sound of the diplomatic Relations stream, especially now the fco and dfid have merged. Working on issues such as poverty, climate change, economic development and human rights really tick the boxes for me. Feel that strongly about these issues that i have even started writing my Open Uni assignments specifically in a way that will educate me further on them 😂.

Yeah too high a grade for it now.

I did look at it a few year ago and it looked really interesting.

Good luck with it mate, hope it goes well

I worked at the FCO in London for 6 months years ago, absolutely loved it. What a building it is on King Charles street. The work is some of the most interesting work I’ve come across.

I worked at the FCO in London for 6 months years ago, absolutely loved it. What a building it is on King Charles street. The work is some of the most interesting work I’ve come across.
I remember a few years back I went to the Civil Service Live in Gateshead and they had 2 guys who were part of the Crisis response team they have. Some of the stuff they dealt with like evacuating people from Lebanon sounded absolutely brilliant.

And the next day I got to go back to work and process Tax Credit letters :neutral:

Having to shift into a new office upon return with the 60% desks to people thing as a definite, so god knows what's going to happen. Raised the question about how it's going to work to management, and judging by the muffled responses i'm guessing that no-one has even thought of a plan yet.

Although its pretty lax in the bit where i work, so i suspect that some people will barely be seen ever again and getting a desk might not be that much of a problem! I'm pretty sure that pre-pandemic I could've just not turned up for work at times and nobody would have even noticed!

Back