City break in Europe

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Bob Fleming, Jan 13, 2019.

1. toxic tracksuit

toxic tracksuit Goalkeeper

Not sure about Valletta mind. Some lovely churches but not that many bars / restaurants.
    Off to Barcelona this week. Haven’t been for about 10 years, so any suggested would be appreciated.
    Would concur with Prague & Rome. Both easy to walk around.
    Düsseldorf is nice but full of German hen & stag do’s copying British stag do’s.

2. Nope, That was quite clearly the price.

I frequented the same place for almost 9 months when I worked in Munich 10 years ago, and they were never exactly giving the stuff away then either

3. WillD

WillD Striker

:lol:
    I've already got one layabout, I don't need another, lol

We have SAFSEE loaded on an Android box and our local bar lets us watch it on there.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  4. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Nice one where is your local?

5. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Berlin. Went last month and it's easily the best European city i've been to. I fucking loved it.

6. James

James Striker

What made it so good for you?

7. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Everything. Plenty of history/culture, great bars and restaurants, coffee shops were fantastic. Absolutely class place.

James likes this.
  8. 87 Others

87 Others Full Back

Going next month for the first time, any recommendations?

9. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

I like it mind but I've enjoyed other places more

10. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Where are you staying, Mitte? Commonground and Distrikt Coffee for breakfast, both fantastic. Commonground is really good on a night for drinks as well. Zola Pizza is tremendous as well but it's a bit out of the way, worth the hike though.

Oh and avoid Checkpoint Charlie like the plague, absolute load of shite.

11. 87 Others

87 Others Full Back

Near Potsdammer platz, i'll make a not of the places you mentioned, cheers

Checkpoint Charlie, just too touristy?

12. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

You can eat at snackpoint Charlie though

13. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Yeah it's crap, full of fake soldiers trying to get your money for a photo. We went to the East Side Gallery, the Holocaust memorial, the Berlin wall memorial, and were going to do the Topography of Terror but we were knackered by that point because we had walked everywhere (walked nearly 30 mile each day, my achilles is still hurting :lol:.) Make use of the subway when doing the sights, your legs will thank you for it.

If you like burgers go to Supreme Burger Grill as well, one of the best i've ever had.

14. 87 Others

87 Others Full Back

Christ 30miles is a hell of a slog

Was gonna ask why you didn't use the train :)

Reptilia likes this.
  15. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Make the same mistake everywhere we go, only start using it when we’re too knackered to walk anymore. My leg gave out from under me in Central Park last year cause we had walked that much, our lass turned round and I was in a heap on the floor :lol:.

16. WillD

WillD Striker

San Andrea, near la Maquinesta. I can pick you up, but not drop you off I'll be drunk, lol.

17. James

James Striker

Same, wouldn't be top five for me. Probs not top ten. Always interesting to hear why people love it. Think I'm going back later this year for a piss up so maybe I'll see it in another light.

Lambchops likes this.
  18. Anyone ever done a Groupon European Weekend away, and was it ok? Seen great prices for Barcelona and Rome etc, but a bit wary of them

19. 0verlord44

0verlord44 Subs Bench

Turin is cracking. not too crowded, cheapish and interesting.
    Food is of course very good

20. mickeymoor

mickeymoor Full Back

Florence is better