City break in Europe

Not sure about Valletta mind. Some lovely churches but not that many bars / restaurants.
Off to Barcelona this week. Haven’t been for about 10 years, so any suggested would be appreciated.
Would concur with Prague & Rome. Both easy to walk around.
Düsseldorf is nice but full of German hen & stag do’s copying British stag do’s.

Might live with you at that price!

Where abouts do you watch the games?

:lol:
I've already got one layabout, I don't need another, lol

We have SAFSEE loaded on an Android box and our local bar lets us watch it on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going next month for the first time, any recommendations?

Where are you staying, Mitte? Commonground and Distrikt Coffee for breakfast, both fantastic. Commonground is really good on a night for drinks as well. Zola Pizza is tremendous as well but it's a bit out of the way, worth the hike though.

Oh and avoid Checkpoint Charlie like the plague, absolute load of shite.

Where are you staying, Mitte? Commonground and Distrikt Coffee for breakfast, both fantastic. Commonground is really good on a night for drinks as well. Zola Pizza is tremendous as well but it's a bit out of the way, worth the hike though.

Oh and avoid Checkpoint Charlie like the plague, absolute load of shite.
Near Potsdammer platz, i'll make a not of the places you mentioned, cheers

Checkpoint Charlie, just too touristy?

Near Potsdammer platz, i'll make a not of the places you mentioned, cheers

Checkpoint Charlie, just too touristy?

Yeah it's crap, full of fake soldiers trying to get your money for a photo. We went to the East Side Gallery, the Holocaust memorial, the Berlin wall memorial, and were going to do the Topography of Terror but we were knackered by that point because we had walked everywhere (walked nearly 30 mile each day, my achilles is still hurting :lol:.) Make use of the subway when doing the sights, your legs will thank you for it.

If you like burgers go to Supreme Burger Grill as well, one of the best i've ever had.

Yeah it's crap, full of fake soldiers trying to get your money for a photo. We went to the East Side Gallery, the Holocaust memorial, the Berlin wall memorial, and were going to do the Topography of Terror but we were knackered by that point because we had walked everywhere (walked nearly 30 mile each day, my achilles is still hurting :lol:.) Make use of the subway when doing the sights, your legs will thank you for it.

If you like burgers go to Supreme Burger Grill as well, one of the best i've ever had.
Christ 30miles is a hell of a slog

Was gonna ask why you didn't use the train :)

Christ 30miles is a hell of a slog

Was gonna ask why you didn't use the train :)

Make the same mistake everywhere we go, only start using it when we’re too knackered to walk anymore. My leg gave out from under me in Central Park last year cause we had walked that much, our lass turned round and I was in a heap on the floor :lol:.

Back