City break in Europe

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Bob Fleming, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Will only have 2 full days in Florence. One of which I'm leaving open for a trip to Cinque Terre or elsewhere.

2. AC-OTM

AC-OTM Midfield

Ahh right get what you and @forzamilansafc are talking about now :lol:

forzamilansafc likes this.
  3. Harbour Boy

Harbour Boy Midfield

We found a class Mexicans that done cocktails for 4.50. They were unreal. Just one of them cities I enjoyed wandering about in.

4. cruze

cruze Winger

Stayed in Florence last year and used as a base. Did Venice on the high speed train and had 11-5 there. Loved it

The Cookie Monster likes this.
  5. PTID

PTID Goalkeeper

I liked Antwerp

6. I can recommend Dublin

THELORDRODWELL and Gazoliver like this.
  7. Munich

8. Gazoliver

Gazoliver Winger

I wonder why :lol:

Bishop Boy likes this.
  9. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

Just back from budapest - cracking city, enjoy it everytime we go

chopsfc007 and RossTheNinja like this.
  10. Depends on season but Nice, Rome, Lisbon, Prague and Madrid are all good shouts

11. Just came back from there today- great city, €5,10 a 0.5l beer in the Hacker Pschorr Place next to the meat market in the centre, €7,40 for a glass of wine.
    Shit loads of Bayern and Shalke fans drinking in the town centre yesterday, and a canny few stopping at the hotel I was in.

Canny few groups of blokes hanging around drinking beer together on street corners and although didn’t bother me, the average Daily Mail reader may have been a bit worried, but most Central Station areas in Germany are a bit raggy around the edges

12. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Ended up booking Barca like. Early May bank holiday weekend. Stopping at Gran Hotel Calderon in Eixample. Can't wait.

James likes this.
  13. Schmarrnbeppi

Schmarrnbeppi Goalkeeper

5,10€?! They clearly put a tourist tax on your bill...

14. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Southend away that weekend man. I actually priced flights from Southend to Barca on the Sunday flying back into Newcastle on the Thursday. Cheaper than getting the train back.

15. Alan BStard

Alan BStard Striker

Just gan to Italy, go to Montepulciano, get a B&B just outside a vineyard and put your feet up. Can't go wrong.

16. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

We'll have been confirmed playoffs by then. Disappointing. Will bring me radio so I can pick up BBC Newcastle ;)

Barca away at Celta vigo. Assume pubs would be busy for that.

Wilfy likes this.
  17. offshore

offshore Midfield

Gdańsk Poland cheap flight from Newcastle airport direct. Hotels are also cheap even for 4-5 star ( we stay at Hotel Almond) it’s also a nice small city with loads of history. It looks old but it was re built after the war to look old! It’s so so cheap to eat and drink also. It’s the perfect escape I think it’s bloody cold in the winter tho but nice in the summer. Recommend from me

18. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Give @WillD a shout, he can tell you the places to go.

Bob Fleming likes this.
  19. WillD

WillD Striker

@Wilfy @Bob Fleming we watch every Sunderland game over here, and it's only 1 euro a beer. You're more than welcome to join us.

Wilfy likes this.
  20. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Might live with you at that price!

Where abouts do you watch the games?