Chuks Aneke - MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just read this keeper is our first signing over the age of 25 for for three years and that was a loan signing. Loan signing are a thing of the past now for us though unless they’re going to lead to a permanent deal.

Just read this keeper is our first signing over the age of 25 for for three years and that was a loan signing. Loan signing are a thing of the past now for us though unless they’re going to lead to a permanent deal.

So whats your point?

The day i support a team that aspires to be like Barnsley, then football is over for me!

Yes we've fallen massively recently, but i've no doubt in 2 or 3 years, we'll be some way ahead of Barnsley. I wonder if you come on the boards then? I bet you dont.

Preparing for league one?

Nar the way we improve players that come to us, is nothing short of phenomenal, our coaching staffs record of improving players and the club selling them for a profit is up there with the best. Especially centre backs, the problem we’ve had in the past is we couldn’t afford long deals so after two years we had to sell them, now we’re tying new players down to five year deals so we should now be the ones that benefit from developing our players instead of having to sell just as they’re up to standard.

So whats your point?

The day i support a team that aspires to be like Barnsley, then football is over for me!

Yes we've fallen massively recently, but i've no doubt in 2 or 3 years, we'll be some way ahead of Barnsley. I wonder if you come on the boards then? I bet you dont.

Leeds and Wednesday fans used to talk like this 10 years ago.

Last edited:
So whats your point?

But their transfer policy and recruitment structure is way ahead of ours. I think that's the point he is making.

But their transfer policy and recruitment structure is way ahead of ours. I think that's the point he is making.

The last two seasons they've made less than a million pound profit on players. what on earth is so good about that. Yes we've been terrible in recruitment, but why on earth would we want to copy Barnsley.

Brentford are turning over millions year on year in profit and still have a far superior team than Barnsley.

We're shite in the market, yet with a decent manager we still would have finished ahead of them this season.

Nar the way we improve players that come to us, is nothing short of phenomenal, our coaching staffs record of improving players and the club selling them for a profit is up there with the best. Especially centre backs, the problem we’ve had in the past is we couldn’t afford long deals so after two years we had to sell them, now we’re tying new players down to five year deals so we should now be the ones that benefit from developing our players instead of having to sell just as they’re up to standard.

Leeds and Wednesday fans used to talk like this 10 years ago.

Leeds and Wednesday both have far better teams.

The last two seasons they've made less than a million pound profit on players. what on earth is so good about that. Yes we've been terrible in recruitment, but why on earth would we want to copy Barnsley.

Brentford are turning over millions year on year in profit and still have a far superior team than Barnsley.

We're shite in the market, yet with a decent manager we still would have finished ahead of them this season.

Leeds and Wednesday both have far better teams.

And are in crippling debt Wednesday are fucked give it 18 months and they’ll be selling owt that’s not nailed down, they’ve completely over spent on shite. We’ve sold a player for £2.5m this very week pal. Give us 18 months and see where we are we’re going in the right direction and now we’ve got a bit of financial backing for a change. Brentford are what we’ll be in a few years time.

And are in crippling debt Wednesday are fucked give it 18 months and they’ll be selling owt that’s not nailed down, they’ve completely over spent on shite. We’ve sold a player for £2.5m this very week pal. Give us 18 months and see where we are we’re going in the right direction and now we’ve got a bit of financial backing for a change. Brentford are what we’ll be in a few years time.

you say that like it's a good thing. If you've got financial backing now, then why let your better players leave to clubs in the same division?

Again, not a model i'd aspire to follow.

you say that like it's a good thing. If you've got financial backing now, then why let your better players leave to clubs in the same division?

Again, not a model i'd aspire to follow.
The best way to run a club, if you can, is buy cheap, sell for a profit and reinvest in better players who are still cheap compared to their quality/potential.

The only other models for a League 1 club are have a sugar daddy (or some other unusually high income source, that may be cut off); overspend (but suffer if the gamble doesn't come off) or develop young players (and lose them on free transfers if you dont sell them at a profit). The Barnsley model is the best of those. Not sure what model you think is better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back