Christmas Day Food Thread

Running hot & cold buffet for us as both sides of the family are calling around at various times. Turkey & Cranberry curry, roasted & shredded pork belly chilli, sage & onion rice plus the usual buffet stuff. Fuck vol au vents though, there’lll be none of that shit
Actually might do this and just buy the lot from M&S.

Always have Lamb here to cater for my Greek In-laws. Seafood is popular as well usually prawns and oysters as a kind of entree but generally just served at the same time. Personally I'd prefer roast pork and crackling but we had it one year and it was a lukewarm reception from the Greeks.

Pick at stuff on Christmas Day as we decided that we would have the meal on Boxing Day so that Christmas Day could just be spent with the kids. It works for us and makes the 25th a really relaxing day.

Turkey
Pigs in blankets
Roast potatoes
Sprouts with bacon bits
Cauliflower cheese
Roast carrots
Roast parsnips
Broccoli
Sausage stuffing.

I’ve recently read about the Yankie dish that is Thanksgiving Cauliflower. I made a version of this today which turned out really well, so imagine this may make an appearance on this years Christmas dinner.

Yorkies marra...

Remember last years yorkie debate come down to our oven not being big enough. I had in the turkey, Taties, roast veg, stuffing and collie cheese leaving no room. Also didn’t want everything getting cold whilst the Yorkies went in.
I eat enough Yorkies throughout the year to sacrifice them on xmas day I suppose.

I’ve recently read about the Yankie dish that is Thanksgiving Cauliflower. I made a version of this today which turned out really well, so imagine this may make an appearance on this years Christmas dinner.

Hit us with it then ?

Hit us with it then ?

The proper recipe has all sorts going on and a sauce which should be poured over for service.

I did a simple roast beef Sunday dinner. For the Cauli, I made a runny butter rue with plent of salt and pepper, totally smothered it over the Cauli, then roast it whole for forty mins.

Very savoury flavour and it still had a decent bite to it, not soggy or over cooked while the outside had a crispy golden colour to it.

Would recommend 9.5/10.

We going to a pub just off Nevilles cross. Never been to it before,dunno if it's meant to do good bait or owt. Could be shit like but me sister lives near so she picked it

The non-pig eating in-laws are coming. We're having Turkey with streaky bacon on top, pigs in blankets, Brussels sprouts fried with pancetta, roast taties in a 50/50 mix of lard and goose fat, sausage and chestnut stuffing.

Afterwards I'll declare that I'm not eating another mouthful for 2 weeks, before lying prostrate on the kitchen floor. Then at 6:30 I'll be f***ing into ham sandwiches and cold pigs in blankets.

Last year me and our lass had a triple whopper meal from Burger king, the year before we had an Indian, I'm not sure what to have this year.

Back