Christmas Day Food Thread

Jellied eels and prawn cocktail for starters padded out with smoked salmon. Turkey crown and gammon with all the trimmings for mains and then the journey to Sunderland and whichever pub is open, last year it was the Cooper Rose from memory.

I'm doing breakfast. I'm thinking salmon eggs Benny with spinach. Nee f***ing sprouts.

Me Mam is cooking for us this year which should make for a much more relaxing day than I had last year when we hosted.

I've not had me Mams Xmas dinner for about 10 years.

Getting a takeaway from our favourite Indian restaurant on Xmas eve, not touching it and having that on Xmas day. Although we'll still be having the traditional scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on sourdough toast and champagne for breakfast.

Wow ! Where did you come out with that ? Have you thought of some roasties with that combo ? Or is that too ambitious ?

Aye roasties, pigs in blankets, stuffing, Yorkshire puds. Hoping for the usual cameo appearance by my Mam flying off half way through the meal shouting "shit, the peas!" while she retrieves them from the microwave and they get passed around for us to take a spoonful each :lol:

I was hoping to avoid the manky fish dish.

f***ing pike and carp man. Boke!
i am never going to the in laws for christmas

carpaccio of beef
baked crevettes with garlic and chilli
seafood platter and salad
selection of cheeses
some ridiculously priced dessert or other

piss easy

Last edited:
Are Yorkshire Puddings allowed?
They most certainly are. My mam would never think about presenting any roast dinner without them and me dad loved them almost as much a he loved me mam . Yorkshires are very special to me because of that and I shall be cooking plenty of them on Christmas day for my family.

Last edited:

Back