Christmas Day Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not 100% sure whether it'll be Christmas Day or New Years Day but I know we're having Turkey, Pork and.... Goose!

The non-pig eating in-laws are coming. We're having Turkey with streaky bacon on top, pigs in blankets, Brussels sprouts fried with pancetta, roast taties in a 50/50 mix of lard and goose fat, sausage and chestnut stuffing.

Afterwards I'll declare that I'm not eating another mouthful for 2 weeks, before lying prostrate on the kitchen floor. Then at 6:30 I'll be f***ing into ham sandwiches and cold pigs in blankets.

I'm not surprised that the in-laws don't eat pork mate!

Smoked salmon and smoked trout blinis with caviar as an entree, roasted cauliflower and garlic soup with a sprinkling of fried black pudding, bacon and breadcrumbs, then seafood cocktail with prawns and lobster. Main course is duck breast with a game sausage roll (pheasant, wild boar and chestnuts), veg and a red wine and cranberry sauce. Dessert is a malteser ice cream encased in panettone. I will then get drunk. Cheese board for tea.

Aye roasties, pigs in blankets, stuffing, Yorkshire puds. Hoping for the usual cameo appearance by my Mam flying off half way through the meal shouting "shit, the peas!" while she retrieves them from the microwave and they get passed around for us to take a spoonful each :lol:

Well I thought Christmas had been ruined this year. As we sat down for dinner, she proudly brought the peas in, put them on the table and said smugly "look the peas are here this year!"

A few minutes after we started eating, I said "errr Mam, where's the sprouts?" She said "oh bollocks! I hate you! You're loving this aren't you?!!!" while we all wet ourselves laughing :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back