Champ Man Wonderkids Of Old

Took me 3 seasons to with the Premier League with SAFC. I’ve just signed a young Arjen Robben. Struggling now to improve the team with the money I have in the coffers. Maybe a CH to replace Klompe and possibly Prutton to replace Duff at RB.
Pinheiro
Duff/Reid
Arca/Lythe
Okoronkwo/Bramble
Klompe/Risp
Medina/Davis/Silva
Vdv
Kerr
Robben
Agha
Tsigalko

Bench warmers: Bakirciglou/Kallstrom/Samba/Chiotis/Nikiforenko

Could try for Woodgate and Ronaldinho but they never come cheap. Joe Cole left West Ham on a free but knocked me back for Milan. I’ll pounce once he tires of pasta.
Forgot about him, toppa
Valeri emilov bojinov

Last edited:

Started again with the lads, that patch sorts the difficulty signing players like. Morten Gamst Pedersen just got a brace away at Charlton on the opening day and we won 3-2!

Which patch mate? I started a game yesterday and finding teams wanting ridiculous money for players
Inspired by this thread to start a game of 01/02 yesterday. It’s class how it’s now so fast on a modern computer, managed to get through a full season last night.

Started with Sunderland and found it really difficult to get other teams to accept bids for players even those with a really low value and offer way above.

Signed To Madeira and Tsigalko but they couldn’t get in the team ahead of Phillips and Agahowa up front.

Kerr, Kallstrom and Medina through the midfield

Taribo West, Ronnie Wallwork at the heart of the defence and Tommy Sorensen in sticks - he’s getting pumped though as he’s in a huff wanting a new contract.

Inconsistent form in the league, finished 10th - but won the FA Cup so I have a route into Europe next season.

It’s as addictive as crack like 😂
01/02 with the mid season update i think.

Can't remember formation but I can double check later when I'm finished work.

How do you do the update please mate?

Last edited:
Which patch mate? I started a game yesterday and finding teams wanting ridiculous money for players
Inspired by this thread to start a game of 01/02 yesterday. It’s class how it’s now so fast on a modern computer, managed to get through a full season last night.

Started with Sunderland and found it really difficult to get other teams to accept bids for players even those with a really low value and offer way above.

Signed To Madeira and Tsigalko but they couldn’t get in the team ahead of Phillips and Agahowa up front.

Taribo West, Ronnie Wallwork at the heart of the defence and Tommy Sorensen in sticks - he’s getting pumped though as he’s in a huff wanting a new contract.

Inconsistent form in the league, finished 10th - but won the FA Cup so I have a route into Europe next season.

I do it on mac but iirc I just downloaded the update patch then installed that iso on Play on Mac (after installing the original).

I put CM patcher on, it has a load of recommended updates and the game is loads better.

Won 4 lost 2 so far, spent £11m on a gaggle of wonderkids but struggling to shift a lot of a players I don't want! Super Kev is a man reborn, playing upfront alongside the rapid Oskarsson. MGP is ridiculous on the left.

Cm Patcher is the way to go.

As for the actual CM0102 version to use, some of them have database tweaks.

I think the .68 version is the main one, where Tsigalko, Arca, Medina etc are awesome.

The one after that I think is the one of the “super Greeks” - there’s a tonne of world class Greek players you can get for peanuts. It’s the one where we’ve got tore Andre Flo and Stephen Wright. Pretty sure Arca and Medina have been nerfed on it. Along with the likes of Aghahowa, Kallstrom, and all the other cheat players.

I much prefer .68.

Not wonderkid but Robert Earnshaw and Louis Saha were canny young’uns on it also Bobby Zamora was a bargain from Brighton on 01/02

Greg Halford on FM07 was quality shame he was absolutely crap in real life

Okoronkwo telling me he wants to leave as he wants a new challenge. We’ve won the league and are into stage 2 of the ECL. His contract has about 2 years left on it but he’s refusing to sign a new one. Is there any way to make this little dildo happy or do I just accept he’s going and look for a replacement now?

Right this thread has brought back so many memories I need to play it again
Only laptop I have is a work one so can’t do it on that
Anyone recommend a cheap laptop I can buy, new or used, that will run it super fast - guess most of the modern ones will but I have no idea what I’m looking for?

Okoronkwo telling me he wants to leave as he wants a new challenge. We’ve won the league and are into stage 2 of the ECL. His contract has about 2 years left on it but he’s refusing to sign a new one. Is there any way to make this little dildo happy or do I just accept he’s going and look for a replacement now?
Wanting a new challenge might be impossible to fix. Best flog him for the most you can get and replace hin
Right this thread has brought back so many memories I need to play it again
Only laptop I have is a work one so can’t do it on that
Anyone recommend a cheap laptop I can buy, new or used, that will run it super fast - guess most of the modern ones will but I have no idea what I’m looking for?
Literally any windows laptop should be able to run it with ease.

The cheapest laptops will possibly bottleneck just running a modern operating system though. If you can deal with it being sluggish to boot up and load windows you’ll be fine.

Last edited:
Wanting a new challenge might be impossible to fix. Best flog him for the most you can get and replace hin

Literally any windows laptop should be able to run it with ease.

The cheapest laptops will possibly bottleneck just running a modern operating system though. If you can deal with it being sluggish to boot up and load windows you’ll be fine.
That’s more or less what I have. Laptop takes ages to fire up but once I’m in the game it flies through.

I’m due a new laptop at work, gonna have to bend someone’s arm in IT to download it for me so I can play it when I’m travelling etc. IIRC there does come a time in the game when it becomes harder to score and there’s a lack of quality players. Unless I’m thinking of a different version.

Joos valgarean and Thomas magnus son were class centre halves in the 01/02 version
Kiegan Parker was a canny signing on the cheap

Last edited:
Oh yes. My kind of thread. Not been through it yet, just the first couple of pages but names I've not seen,

Stefan Ishizaki
Jamie Victory
Mike Duff
Jonas Lunden
Franco Costanzo (work permit problems though)
Zlatan
Ryan Williams
Steve Palmer (Telford)
Courtney Naylor (Enfield)
Jason Koumas

Back