Champ Man Wonderkids Of Old

I had a positive first season with the lads finishing 9th and losing out to Arsenal in a FA Cup semi final.

That CM patcher is a godsend when it comes to squad re-generation (it auto adds inflation so the fees are bigger) making about £40m from selling off shite I didn't want. i got £8m off Santos Laguna for Bjorklund for example. The squad was filled with wonderkids... Alex Farnerud, Mike Duff, Nelson Veiga, Morten Gamst Pedersen (12 league goals, what a lad), Mark Kerr, Shane Tolley, Assane N'diaye, Isaac Okoronwo, Orri Oskarsson, Joleon Lescott (biggest fee I paid, £6.5m), Jamie Langfield, Stelianos Doukas and picked up Tieme Klompe for £5.5m after he put in a transfer request.

Over the summer the regeneration has continued - Claudio Reyna went to Chelsea for £22m and Tommy Sorensen went to Spurs for £18m. Off the back of that I've splashed out a bit on Tim Cahill (can't f***ing score against us now...), David Villa and just shy of £18m on an 18 year old Arjen Robben. Hoping to get into Europe this time.

My Scarborough team are absolutey bossing all competitions at the moment with the likes of Ronaldinho, Konstantinou & Debski, and that’s before Henrik Larrssons regen and the rest of my wonder kid reserves mature.

SAFC have just sacked their manager and are sat 12th in the championship - do I jump ship or do I go for an unbeaten prem season & another clean sweep in the cups with Scarborough?

Decisions decisions
I had a positive first season with the lads finishing 9th and losing out to Arsenal in a FA Cup semi final.

That CM patcher is a godsend when it comes to squad re-generation (it auto adds inflation so the fees are bigger) making about £40m from selling off shite I didn't want. i got £8m off Santos Laguna for Bjorklund for example. The squad was filled with wonderkids... Alex Farnerud, Mike Duff, Nelson Veiga, Morten Gamst Pedersen (12 league goals, what a lad), Mark Kerr, Shane Tolley, Assane N'diaye, Isaac Okoronwo, Orri Oskarsson, Joleon Lescott (biggest fee I paid, £6.5m), Jamie Langfield, Stelianos Doukas and picked up Tieme Klompe for £5.5m after he put in a transfer request.

Over the summer the regeneration has continued - Claudio Reyna went to Chelsea for £22m and Tommy Sorensen went to Spurs for £18m. Off the back of that I've splashed out a bit on Tim Cahill (can't f***ing score against us now...), David Villa and just shy of £18m on an 18 year old Arjen Robben. Hoping to get into Europe this time.
I don’t like the inflation thing so I usually just leave it at x1.0 as it confuses me 😂

Last edited:
My Scarborough team are absolutey bossing all competitions at the moment with the likes of Ronaldinho, Konstantinou & Debski, and that’s before Henrik Larrssons regen and the rest of my wonder kid reserves mature.

SAFC have just sacked their manager and are sat 12th in the championship - do I jump ship or do I go for an unbeaten prem season & another clean sweep in the cups with Scarborough?

Decisions decisions

I don’t like the inflation thing so I usually just leave it at x1.0 as it confuses me 😂

I think the auto recommended one with the patcher is 2.5x, I've seen some mad fees for AI buys but its canny to get good fees for the players you don't want. Kilbane was the hardest to shift like, his stats were shit but the game still valued him at £7m, eventually went to Derby but I got £2.4m for him.

I've made numerous attempts to get Tsigalko but he never gets a work permit. I've tried offering him huge wages and everything so I fucked it off and went for Villa.

Sacked off the miserable twat Okoronkwo and replaced him with Woodgate whose stats are off the scale. Sunderland fans rejoice. Cost me £22m mind you but got half of that back peddling the other prick to Liverpool.

Took me 5 seasons but I finally got over the line in the Champions League with Sunderland. Probably due to my insistence on playing the younguns when the players seem to peak around 27-31 in the game. Only Medina and Arca are still with us.

CL winning side
Pinheiro
Yakubu
Arca
Terry
Woodgate
Medina
Van Der Vaart
Kerr
Robben
Moukoko
Tsigalko

Bench. Klompe. Mexes. Aghahowa. Chiotis. D’Allessandeo. Samba. Some regen. That team has still got plenty of miles on the clock and will dominate for years to come. Managed to put my fourth league title in a row to bed too. Can’t decide now whether to crack on or start again with a 4th tier side.

Never figured out how to find regens. I do have a feeling I have found Bergkamps though.

Never figured out how to find regens. I do have a feeling I have found Bergkamps though.
On CM 0102 - the nationality, position and 5 or 6 attributes always remained the same as the original player (aggression, balance, bravery, flair, preferred foot for sure).

Last edited:
Depends if you want to cheat or not.

There’s a tool called GPF2 that will show you them. You have to open your save file with it, and from that point onwards it will record retiring players and their new name.

There’s also CMScout which doesn’t tell you who is who, but if there is a specific player you’re looking for, you can find them just by searching by nationality and position and looking for the 17 year old with high potential. Warning: CMScout does kinda kill the fun of the game.
Chiotis
Costanzo
Pinheiro

Cheap keepers
Yep all excellent.

Voulgaris and Etherpopulous (sp?) from PAO are great too.

Champions Manager 01/01 Bishop Auckland ace Michael Dunwell, cost 500k and was guaranteed 30-40 goals with him, probably the best player in the game. Dean Keates and Seth johnson were also in a cheat team that year. Somebody called Wright as well iirc.

Last edited:
Champions Manager 01/01 Bishop Auckland ace Michael Dunwell, cost 500k and was guaranteed 30-40 goals with him, probably the best player in the game. Dean Keates and Seth johnson were also in a cheat team that year. Somebody called Wright as well iirc.
I see your Dunwell and raise you a Tsigalko (unless we are talking different patches).

Yeah i once had him and a guy called skalidis. 20's for all the main attributes. Goals everywhere!

Aye Skalidis is good as well but has something like 4 for work rate and teamwork so while he scores loads my results are never as good as Papadopolous. He gets injured loads as well.

Galakteros the DMF and Kalogeras the LB are quality as well.

Back