Champ Man Wonderkids Of Old

Trying to work out who the top players in the game are at that stage. Not even sure I ever got that far. You basically load up the tool, open a save folder, close it down, do it again, hit the button at the bottom (I change the number to 180+) and let it load the players in. Doesn’t take long.

Trying to work out who the top players in the game are at that stage. Not even sure I ever got that far. You basically load up the tool, open a save folder, close it down, do it again, hit the button at the bottom (I change the number to 180+) and let it load the players in. Doesn’t take long.

I've got it running but when I try it says it can't do it but snapshot taken.

Nesta is 36 on it as an example.

It's been a low-spending game so far, but the AI seem ready to spunk all the money they've been stashing away.

Sami Hypia mk2 seems to fancy Milan rather than Sunderland. What a fool.

Not to worry, I've got two better centre halfs than him anyway.

Logon or register to see this image

Looking at his stats you could retrain him as an effective striker. Always enjoyed doing that with the odd player, who had the right stats. He does.

Tell me that you're Francesco Totti's lovechild without telling me that you're Francesco Totti's lovechild 😍

Looking at his stats you could retrain him as an effective striker. Always enjoyed doing that with the odd player, who had the right stats. He does.
I probably could, but it's impossible to keep all my attacking players happy anyway as there are so many in the game. World class defensive players are much rarer.

Sold him for 100m anyway so it's a moot point :lol:

Last edited:
8 consecutive league titles. I think I’m bored now.
Current regens in my squad include gazza, figo, stam, zidane, kahn, lizarazu, thuram, carlos, cafu, davids, ortega and keane. Got my eye on Rui Costa, Rivaldo and Mendieta.

KLD likes this 👍

8 consecutive league titles. I think I’m bored now.
Current regens in my squad include gazza, figo, stam, zidane, kahn, lizarazu, thuram, carlos, cafu, davids, ortega and keane. Got my eye on Rui Costa, Rivaldo and Mendieta.
I try to set myself a few challenges like

Win every club trophy in a season - including World Club Championship, Charity Shield, Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup, Prem, FA, League Cup, Champions league.

Arsenal killed the dream in the QF of the League Cup. Lucky bar stewards. All the others are in the bag with the FA Cup Final and Champions League Finals still to play.

Other challenges I enjoy are to try to go the season undefeated, or to win 38/38 in a league season.

Currently P33 W30 D3 L0 - efforts must be redoubled next year to hit the 38/38. Or perhaps I should find a new game to play................

Last edited:
Pre wonderkids in the game, might have been 92/93, but you could buy Vieri for 100k from the ‘abroad’ section.

As someone else said, early 90s 16 year old Sol Campbell – waffly versatile; Fowler for 100k.

You''d always lose your best players to 'abroad' in the early versions.

Fragments:

Later years – Ryan Baldacinno – a star in every division I went through

Best regen – Michael Schmeichel

I always remember when Rooney was still a teenager, and had the world at his feet, Champ Man had him turning shit when he hit 30.

I never like playing as Hull City manager – too unrealistic for when we start winning every week.
Just occurred, I’ve (on and off and real life permitting) been playing it for 30 years – think it was 1992 first one (sure there was a version before this but it was shite). 30 years!

That’s like in 1992 playing a computer game that started in 1962 – mental.

Last edited:
Pre wonderkids in the game, might have been 92/93, but you could buy Vieri for 100k from the ‘abroad’ section.

As someone else said, early 90s 16 year old Sol Campbell – waffly versatile; Fowler for 100k.

Fragments:

I always remember when Rooney was still a teenager, and had the world at his feet, Champ Man had him turning shit when he hit 30.

I never like playing as Hull City manager – too unrealistic for when we start winning every week.
Just occurred, I’ve (on and off and real life permitting) been playing it for 30 years – think it was 1992 first one (sure there was a version before this but it was shite). 30 years!

Michael Schmeichel man!

:lol:

Michael Schmeichel man!

:lol:
Probs a lot better than Gary De Gea
Right! I’ve had a bit of a mutiny.

Fed up of players kicking off when I reject a bid from a team that would be a massive step down for them - like going to a mid table team such as Man Utd or Liverpool.

Mpenza’s regen has gone the distance.

Begrudgingly, Edgar Davids regen had to go too (for having the temerity to stick up for his teammate).

One of the best young keepers on the game is languishing in my reserves on an 8 year contract. Transfer listed but I am rejecting all offers. He can rot.

Totti’s regen deserves the same treatment but tbh he’s just too good so he’s just not selected until he stops crying.

Thankfully the old heads like Costanzo and Robben understand that no player is bigger than the club. Young Giggs and David Dunn are too self centred to care about their teammates mistreatment, so they continue to be selected.

It’s all fun until I can’t put out an eleven for the second phase of the champions league

Last edited:

Fragments:

Bizarrely, and by chance, Hull were my first “proper” long haul save, on CM 01/02. Ian Goodison was my favourite player IIRC. I was 8 or 9 :lol:

Think they were in the old Division 3 at the time

Somehow managed to get hooked on playing the original game again lately.

93 End of Season edition (so 1994 basically). Currently taking Hartlepool through the leagues - top flight next season - with a team of wonderkids.

It stands up surprisingly well.

Back