CC : Leicestershire v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not really a director of cricket it a pretty impotent one. As I said earlier Cook was the biggest victim of the purge at the club after his illness. Why during this time had he been employed by Northumberland and local clubs. Let's hope the new director gets a grip of the club.
Lewis saw an opportunity whilst Geoff was in hospital despite Benks already being lined up to replace him as coach of the 20/20 side that year. What part colly played in that I’m not sure but he saw an opportunity and stabbed a few people in the back doing it. As a result he forced Benks out as well as a few others who were not happy with what had gone on.

Lewis saw an opportunity whilst Geoff was in hospital despite Benks already being lined up to replace him as coach of the 20/20 side that year. What part colly played in that I’m not sure but he saw an opportunity and stabbed a few people in the back doing it. As a result he forced Benks out as well as a few others who were not happy with what had gone on.
That's the version I heard from Benks and a few others. Benks was absolutely gutted to leave Durham

Absolutely he is. We have some right spiteful twats with short memories on here mind . Collingwood is an absolute all time Durham great. He is at the very top of the highest tree. In 80 years time Collingwood will be remembered the way Buchan and Raich Carter are for SAFC although I dare say if we had the internet back then there would have been some knackers slagging them off when they retired.

He deserves a lot more than a free pass for the poor performances of a 42 year old, who in fairness would be nowhere near the team if we hadn't been for the scandalous ECB. Shame on you and shame on many others.

I’ve not seen anyone say he isn’t a legend.

But he has made some genuinely terrible decisions as captain this season. Just because he is a club legend doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be questioned for those decisions

Aye, just the 1087 runs last season ;)

One bad season ffs, I’m prepared to give him a free pass based on the fact he averaged just under 50 last season at 41 year old and has been the single greatest ambassador for Durham County Cricket Club.

You’re making a lot of very wild assumptions here mind. For all we know, the club may have given him some kind of ultimatum which has prompted his retirement. It may well be that the club and Colly have decided to dress it up as a retirement, when in reality he’s been told he won’t be offered a deal for 2019.

He’s not being singled out, most of the batsmen have come in for criticism today - the fact is though, Richardson has had far more chances and far more failures than the others around him.

It wouldn’t be right to keep him, but drop/offload Clark, Poynter, Harte, etc.

Fantastic post.

Seriously mate, has Colly shagged your missus or summit? Lot of vitriol directed his way by you tonight mind.

WHED said the table doesn’t lie. Indeed it doesn’t. We’re higher than we were last season at the same point.

So you want to question Paul Collingwood’s leadership do you??

Right, well aside from all the trophies and honours he’s won, for Durham. What about when we were staring relegation down the barrel in (iirc) 2011? He came back to take over the captaincy and fortunes immediately improved. We staged a Great Escape that the lads would’ve been proud of.

Then, how about this past few years, when the likes of Stoneman, Bothwick, Hart, Coughlin, Jennings et al have jumped off the sinking ship? It would’ve been so easy to walk away, head high after an illustrious career. Instead, he hung around determined to keep the club afloat.

f***ing hell man, some people on here have some short memories.

But aye, what have the Romans ACTUALLY ever done for us :rolleyes:.

f***ing morons.

Is all of what he’s done not the absolute definition of fine leadership?

What if collingwood was part of the reason they left?

What if collingwood was part of the reason they left?
What if he wasn't?

If you know something say so.

But, what's the point of having ago? He's leaving. He's the most successful Durham player ever. I doubt I'll ever see another Durham player score a 200 in Australia in an Ashes series. So, excuse me if I don't want anyone to spoil the memories, and for what a bad season, a few decisions to bat or not on a toss and a few unsubstantiated rumours. Gimme a break.

@brandon seems incapable of a grown-up discussion. I thought obscenities were frowned upon on the cricket forum?

He's probably just astonished that Collingwood can be accused of being a leech a year after scoring 1000 runs at 50. Brandon knows his stuff but has no time for and gets wound up by utter ignorance. After the season he had last year it was perfectly reasonable for him to expect he had another one left. No-one was calling him a leech going into this season - he's finished and deserves to leave to mountains of respect instead of this type of nonsense.

He's probably just astonished that Collingwood can be accused of being a leech a year after scoring 1000 runs at 50. Brandon knows his stuff but has no time for and gets wound up by utter ignorance. After the season he had last year it was perfectly reasonable for him to expect he had another one left. No-one was calling him a leech going into this season - he's finished and deserves to leave to mountains of respect instead of this type of nonsense.

I think the club is to blame! He barely trained in winter spent more time on the golf course and should of finished on a high! He didn’t, and now he’s leaving after a terrible season but definitely had a part to play in bringing rimmington and smith to the club! Durham should have started again this season and not plugged gaps with expensive old dead wood

I know with absolute certainty he wasn't the slightest factor in why Rocky left. I suggest you are just trying to be a clever shite tbf.

Think whatever you like pal

I think the club is to blame! He barely trained in winter spent more time on the golf course and should of finished on a high! He didn’t, and now he’s leaving after a terrible season but definitely had a part to play in bringing rimmington and smith to the club! Durham should have started again this season and not plugged gaps with expensive old dead wood

Think whatever you like pal

Well dont try to be subtle then. Have the bollocks to spit it out whatever you know. Its not slander if its true.

@brandon seems incapable of a grown-up discussion. I thought obscenities were frowned upon on the cricket forum?

You ok hun?

I’m perfectly capable of grown up discussion, I just feel that a real Durham supporter wouldn’t be so critical of someone who has done absolute wonders for this club for over 20 years.

So logic tells me you either aren’t a Durham supporter or you’ve got some personal issue with him - hence the suggestion.

He’s had a shocking season, but I’m sure that someone who has achieved what he’s achieved, someone who is an absolute winner who has squeezed out every ounce of talent he’s got in order to succeed - will know exactly that he’s had a shocking season. It’s probably the reason he’s calling it a day. In fact I’d go as far as to say it’s definitely the reason.

So how about getting off his back and celebrating his career, because after next week you’ll not have to worry about his captaincy or his lack of runs.

I could tell you a lot but I’m not going into it for various reasons.

Aye right, forgive me for thinking you’re a liar then.

Last edited:
You ok hun?

I’m perfectly capable of grown up discussion, I just feel that a real Durham supporter wouldn’t be so critical of someone who has done absolute wonders for this club for over 20 years.

So logic tells me you either aren’t a Durham supporter or you’ve got some personal issue with him - hence the suggestion.

He’s had a shocking season, but I’m sure that someone who has achieved what he’s achieved, someone who is an absolute winner who has squeezed out every ounce of talent he’s got in order to succeed - will know exactly that he’s had a shocking season. It’s probably the reason he’s calling it a day. In fact I’d go as far as to say it’s definitely the reason.

So how about getting off his back and celebrating his career, because after next week you’ll not have to worry about his captaincy or his lack of runs.

In fairness I no longer go to Durham games so my opinion is just based on scores and what I hear. And I've heard plenty about Colly, not all of it good either.

And some of that has come from "real Durham supporters" to use your phrase.

Not sure on the criteria for that though, you probably need to outline what one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back