CC : Leicestershire v Durham

Well dont try to be subtle then. Have the bollocks to spit it out whatever you know. Its not slander if its true.

Maybes he knows things but doesn’t want to say as it’ll drop someone else in it who has told him things. Opinions of Collingwood from players who have left us in recent years for example.

Is he a club legend? Absolutely.

Is he an England legend? I’d say so.

Was he superb last season? Without a doubt

Is he beyond criticism this season? No, he’s been horrific with the bat, along with many others. His decision making at the toss has been very poor at times as well.

Should this one season taint his entire career? Of course not, he was right to carry on into this season after how good of a year he had last year. It’s just time to finish.

Is he everyone’s cup of tea at the club and does everyone share in this opinion that the sun shines from his arse? 100% not. There’ll be a lot glad to see him go, including former players.

However, none of this takes away from the years, and years, and years of fantastic service he has given the club. The thousands of runs, hundreds of wickets, countless catches and run outs. The titles, finals, run chases, escapes from relegation. The fact a local lad is the only person to lift a trophy for England. Some may have differing opinions about him off the field, but nobody can argue with how outstanding he has been out in the middle, both for club and country.

I could tell you a lot but I’m not going into it for various reasons.

You are a priceless poster like. Raise your head every now and then, allude to knowing stuff really important, say absolutely nowt and then disappear into the shadows. What's that all about and why do you another?

Maybes he knows things but doesn’t want to say as it’ll drop someone else in it who has told him things. Opinions of Collingwood from players who have left us in recent years for example.

Is he beyond criticism this season? No, he’s been horrific with the bat, along with many others. His decision making at the toss has been very poor at times as well.

Should this one season taint his entire career? Of course not, he was right to carry on into this season after how good of a year he had last year. It’s just time to finish.

Is he everyone’s cup of tea at the club and does everyone share in this opinion that the sun shines from his arse? 100% not. There’ll be a lot glad to see him go, including former players.

However, none of this takes away from the years, and years, and years of fantastic service he has given the club. The thousands of runs, hundreds of wickets, countless catches and run outs. The titles, finals, run chases, escapes from relegation. The fact a local lad is the only person to lift a trophy for England. Some may have differing opinions about him off the field, but nobody can argue with how outstanding he has been out in the middle, both for club and country.
Excellent post

We clearly couldn't have had Colly and Benks here when it came to the crunch. Both wanted to be in charge and it was Benks who lost out for whatever reason. We would still be in the clarts now if it had gone the other way, just celebrating a different DCCC legend at some point in time. If Colly had gone at the end of 2017, I for one would have been disappointed he didn't carry on for another year. But it has been clear for a few months that the time is right.

Perfect I know you know a lot of the same mate ha

Which really as a cricket fan is all that matters. Whether he is 'everyones cup of tea' is neither here nor there (although my personal experience of him and the opinions of the couple of ex players and their family that I know) paints a different picture. In short he is arguably the biggest Durham legend of all time and he has had a bad season. Its the 'greed' and 'leech' angle which boils my piss, throwing that at him a year after he probably had his best year with the bat for Durham.

In fairness I no longer go to Durham games so my opinion is just based on scores and what I hear. And I've heard plenty about Colly, not all of it good either.

And some of that has come from "real Durham supporters" to use your phrase.

Not sure on the criteria for that though, you probably need to outline what one is.

Ha’way then, share these stories - then we can all hate Colly as much as you.

Perfect I know you know a lot of the same mate ha

:lol:

You know absolutely fuckall.

Hudson on the other hand, I could believe to knowing something.

Put your money where your mouth is, share it with us - or send a PM if you don’t want to expose people, then folk can judge for themselves.

Last edited:
That is the best summi
Which really as a cricket fan is all that matters. Whether he is 'everyones cup of tea' is neither here nor there (although my personal experience of him and the opinions of the couple of ex players and their family that I know) paints a different picture. In short he is arguably the biggest Durham legend of all time and he has had a bad season. Its the 'greed' and 'leech' angle which boils my piss, throwing that at him a year after he probably had his best year with the bat for Durham.
Sorry but the main argument has not been about Colly bring greedy or a leech

That is the best summi

Sorry but the main argument has not been about Colly bring greedy or a leech

I appreciate that. It has been a bit about though and how shit a season he specifically has had, how shit a captain the world cup winning captain is, how he isn't really much of a good egg (without any substance at all), how by one vague account he didn't bother his arse in preparing for the season. I would have just thought when you balance up what he has brought to Durham over the the last 15 years or so you wouldnt be having a thread with such a nasty undercurrent focussing on these things at a time when he has just played the final chapter on a quite magnificent career for club and country.

Human nature just depresses me at times :lol:

I appreciate that. It has been a bit about though and how shit a season he specifically has had, how shit a captain the world cup winning captain is, how he isn't really much of a good egg (without any substance at all), how by one vague account he didn't bother his arse in preparing for the season. I would have just thought when you balance up what he has brought to Durham over the the last 15 years or so you wouldnt be having a thread with such a nasty undercurrent focussing on these things at a time when he has just played the final chapter on a quite magnificent career for club and country.

Human nature just depresses me at times :lol:
My comment about Colly which started this little debate was about Lewis getting loads of flack and quite rightly so and I asked the question is Colly getting away with it Scot free. It is exactly because of the career and the character of Colly that I can't believe he is not at the very least an equal partner in the decision making with Lewis. This latest match was a debacle and the type of performance that gets the people in charge the sack in any walk of life.

Back