CC :: Durham v Middlesex

Only 4 sides in the league gained more batting points than Durham and Kent who got promoted got the same. Looks like it's not just the Riverside where the pitches are sub standard.
Same for both to be fair. Last season we scored 146 points, this season 130. Looking at other side's, Kent scored 46 more, Sussex 10 less, Gloucester 10 more, Leicester 74 more, Derby 20 more, Northants 91 less, and Glamorgan 41 less. Durham scored 20 less batting points this season. Kent won 6 more games than us and lost 4 less. Worth noting we scored the least amount of bowling points in the division and we're all seemingly happy with the bowling. Stats eh?

Surely he could learn some of them even how to hold a bat properly?
Why? What's that phrase about having a dog and barking yourself?

He ought to be (and I'm sure he is) wondering about what he can do to improve the batting side. I'll let him get on with that.

I may be wrong but I believe Lewis was our batting coach before he became head team coach (and if that's right he would have had a major input to Rocky, Borthwick, Coughlin) and now we don't have one or perhaps we do I don't know.

I'm no expert, far from it but I imagine if they're doing a review they'll be asking themselves if boosting the coaching for batsmen is necessary - evidence says something has to improve in that regard.

But, if you're going to employ someone as a Director of Cricket then he should be doing that job and not someone else's job.

Same for both to be fair. Last season we scored 146 points, this season 130. Looking at other side's, Kent scored 46 more, Sussex 10 less, Gloucester 10 more, Leicester 74 more, Derby 20 more, Northants 91 less, and Glamorgan 41 less. Durham scored 20 less batting points this season. Kent won 6 more games than us and lost 4 less. Worth noting we scored the least amount of bowling points in the division and we're all seemingly happy with the bowling. Stats eh?
You sound like a football supporter where the result is the be all and end all. I want Durham to win but I want to watch good cricket not medium pace trundlers dominating the match because of a poor quality pitch. That's what is happening in county cricket especially div 2.

Surely he could learn some of them even how to hold a bat properly?

Maybe he could ‘teach’ you proper English?!

You’ll probably blame Lewis for that though.

Only 4 sides in the league gained more batting points than Durham and Kent who got promoted got the same. Looks like it's not just the Riverside where the pitches are sub standard.

Don’t use logic like that where WHED is man! It’s all Jon Lewis’ fault, everything. From Brexit to the melting polar ice caps - Jon Lewis is to blame.

Same for both to be fair. Last season we scored 146 points, this season 130. Looking at other side's, Kent scored 46 more, Sussex 10 less, Gloucester 10 more, Leicester 74 more, Derby 20 more, Northants 91 less, and Glamorgan 41 less. Durham scored 20 less batting points this season. Kent won 6 more games than us and lost 4 less.

What the actual fuck is the point of this post?!

Some teams did better than us, some didn’t. Christ, what a revelation. Give that man a nobel prize.

Why? What's that phrase about having a dog and barking yourself?

He ought to be (and I'm sure he is) wondering about what he can do to improve the batting side. I'll let him get on with that.

I may be wrong but I believe Lewis was our batting coach before he became head team coach (and if that's right he would have had a major input to Rocky, Borthwick, Coughlin) and now we don't have one or perhaps we do I don't know.

I'm no expert, far from it but I imagine if they're doing a review they'll be asking themselves if boosting the coaching for batsmen is necessary - evidence says something has to improve in that regard.

But, if you're going to employ someone as a Director of Cricket then he should be doing that job and not someone else's job.
From Marty's round up of the season - MN is doing a full review. Academy, 2nd team coaching etc etc. Good, this is what a DoC ought to be doing not throw downs in the nets.

No doubt we'll hear soon enough of changes.

Absolutely, not too long ago at all and he pulled you for the incorrect use of there/their/they’re didn’t he?
Difference was he was calling others unintelligent. I couldn't give a shiny shit about grammar.

Some teams did better than us, some didn’t. Christ, what a revelation. Give that man a nobel prize.
Mr angry lol. Absolute state of you man on here.

He's a hypercrite has a go at me for stuff he does himself.
Incorrect. You were calling me thick/unintelligent whilst your grammar was littered with errors. Made you look a tad stupid when calling others thick.

Last edited:
Difference was he was calling others unintelligent. I couldn't give a shiny shit about grammar.

Incorrect. You were calling me thick/unintelligent whilst your grammar was littered with errors. Made you look a tad stupid when calling others thick.
Couldn't I call you unintelligent you seemed to obsessively go on about how many games I go to when you have no idea.

Top poster and loves his cricket @brandon you seem across agenda driven and that your above people.

Last edited:
You're not showing me up at all but feel free to crack on. Absolute state of you on here man. Like I say crack on. You're turning this thread into a farce

That’s now twice you’ve called me a state and you also managed ‘crack on’ twice in the same paragraph. On that basis, I feel it’s you who is actually Mr Angry. Can’t even construct a meaningful response. Didn’t you get banned previously for personal attacks on people?

Anyway, we’ll leave it for the forum to decide for themselves on that.

If challenging hypocrisy makes the thread into a farce, so be it. Atleast I’m not turning the whole forum into a farce with my blinkered, unwavering, tedious agenda against Jon Lewis.

Well there are only two who did worse mate. Durham have been pathetic and if Lewis is not a considerable factor then I'm not sure why he is in the job anyway. If it's not considerably down to him he must have no influence.

As an aside, you sound angry to me. You often do. Not sure why. It's meant to be a discussion and it's hardly a big stretch to blame the manager.

I think it's a good job for you that the seasons over. Chill man FFS.

Back