CC :: Durham v Middlesex

brandon

Striker
Season finale, it’s been another largely frustrating season. Best word to describe it - mediocre. The last few weeks have passed me by somewhat, I think it’s fair to determine that I’ve been suffering from a bout of cricket fatigue. That said, come the middle of October I’ll be pining for it again.

Regarding team selection, I’d quite like to see Davies in the side, he scored a ton down at Scarbados last week and seeing how any one of about 4 batsmen could be dropped, I hope he gets a chance.

Bowling wise, Rushworth, Salisbury and Wood should play but McCarthy should not - I didn’t think he should’ve played last week, he won’t be here next season we’ve been told, so give a go to someone who will be.

Been a chilly weekend, expect the Middlesex lads won’t enjoy this week weather wise, probably a couple of their lads remember what it was like on their last visit in 2016 - coldest I’ve ever been inside a cricket ground!

Ha’way Durham!

It's one of those nothing to play for end of season games that we used to get all the time before the two Division split.

I agree that Davies should be given a chance and either Trevaskis or Whitehead in for the departed Patel.

My word of advice for lads planning to be there for Colly's last day is to keep a close eye on proceedings as remember 2 of Durham's home games have finished in less than 5 sessions and I'm not going to mention their last CC game again.:oops:

The forecast isn't bad and on Wednesday it's supposed to be 18C (cricket permitting) which means there is a possibility that I can go the whole of the 2018 season without needing to put my jacket on once and that's a record I don't think will be matched again.:lol:

Haway Durham and here's hoping Colly gets a ton and a standing ovation at the end!

Season finale, it’s been another largely frustrating season. Best word to describe it - mediocre. The last few weeks have passed me by somewhat, I think it’s fair to determine that I’ve been suffering from a bout of cricket fatigue. That said, come the middle of October I’ll be pining for it again.

Regarding team selection, I’d quite like to see Davies in the side, he scored a ton down at Scarbados last week and seeing how any one of about 4 batsmen could be dropped, I hope he gets a chance.

Bowling wise, Rushworth, Salisbury and Wood should play but McCarthy should not - I didn’t think he should’ve played last week, he won’t be here next season we’ve been told, so give a go to someone who will be.

Been a chilly weekend, expect the Middlesex lads won’t enjoy this week weather wise, probably a couple of their lads remember what it was like on their last visit in 2016 - coldest I’ve ever been inside a cricket ground!

Ha’way Durham!
not sure why McCarthy been playing when he is not here next season. The bloke has barely played for 2 seasons then a decision is made he will be leaving and he is back in the 1st team as a regular. One of many confusing decisions this season.

Squad vs Middlesex (24-27th September)
Paul Collingwood (c), Cameron Steel, Alex Lees, Ryan Davies, Graham Clark, Gareth Harte, Michael Richardson, Stuart Poynter (wk), Mark Wood, Nathan Rimmington, Barry McCarthy, Matt Salisbury, Chris Rushworth, Ben Whitehead

Quite remarkable the only change is due to an injury to Smith. I'll likely be popping down for a few hours on Tuesday and that's my lot as I've had enough of what has been an embarrassment of a season.

surprised to see mccarthy playing ahead of rimmington and a shame to not see whitehead playing, though i was unsure how he'd fit into the XI

Decent session, 113/7. Scoring quickly but definitely a Durham morning
It makes you think though.

Durham didn't bat -> the opposition lost hordes of wickets.

That scenario has been reversed all season and Durham's batmen are considered to be largely useless. Perhaps it isn't the batsmen after all? Perhaps Durham's batsmen aren't as far adrift in quality compared to other Counties as it seems?

It makes you think though.

Durham didn't bat -> the opposition lost hordes of wickets.

That scenario has been reversed all season and Durham's batmen are considered to be largely useless. Perhaps it isn't the batsmen after all? Perhaps Durham's batsmen aren't as far adrift in quality compared to other Counties as it seems?

We've been behind in 10 of the 13 1st innings or something. Needs improving, but the conditions up here are as testing as anywhere

116/8 - 5 fer for Sailsbury!

I know most (all) of the CC has been played in the months where bowlers are dominant but given the summer we've had, if ever bat was going to get the better of ball, it should have been this one. Conclusion: we have very few batsmen of quality, home grown or overseas, or, there are some outstanding bowlers out there.

Back