CC: Durham v Glamorgan

Well it's that time of the season folks and after starting in the last week of March why not finish with a game in the last week of September!

With all hope of promotion extinguished following the comprehensive defeat at Northants let's hope we can bounce back to finish 4th and let's face it that was beyond my wildest dreams after losing the first four fixtures this season.

Glamorgan of course still have a chance of promotion but will need to win big and hope that Northants defeat Gloucs who lie 16pts ahead of the Welsh side.Glamorgan owe their lofty position pretty much to the efforts of Labuschagne's 1114 runs earlier in the season although Billy Root hasn't done too badly.

Rushy goes into the game with 494 FC wickets and it would be great to see him get the 500 milestone in this match.

For fans of The Trapdoor ie me dont bother wondering if it will be open because all the seats were removed before the Lancs v Essex T20 QF.:evil:...perhaps next season it will have gone completely and be replaced by the mythical Hotel.:lol:.

There will be a Members Forum at close of play on Tuesday and as ever good luck to Durham and I will now hand the role of County Championship OP back to Brandon for the start of the 2020 season!:D

Flat pack I reckon .....

but nah, it won't go where the trapdoor stand is as that would obstruct the view to the castle - whatever goes there will be very low-rise.

I’ve just been looking at the approved plans on the Council website and the hotel would go behind where the Trapdoor Stand is now, with a new East Stand being built in front of it. Rather than hijack this match thread I'll try and put some of the plans up on a new thread.

Forecast for tomorrow is fine, Tuesday looks like a write off, Bring your brolly for Wed and Thurs.
Just looked at the weather forecast for the North East, and it looks like rain will likely affect this game. This would have been very frustrating if a win meant anything to us promotion-wise, but is pretty much irrelevant now. Glamorgan look like they won't be going up either, short of something truly dramatic happening, or maybe the captains contriving a single innings match?

Just looked at the weather forecast for the North East, and it looks like rain will likely affect this game. This would have been very frustrating if a win meant anything to us promotion-wise, but is pretty much irrelevant now. Glamorgan look like they won't be going up either, short of something truly dramatic happening, or maybe the captains contriving a single innings match?

Last game of the season, Glamorgan beeding a win - could see an arrangement being made like.

Glamorgan are going to need at least 20 pts out of this fixture to have any outside chance of promotion.

Perhaps Northants and Gloucs will play out a Coventry-Bristol City style draw thus thwarting the gallant Welshmen.:confused:

Nice sunny day at The Riverside but due to the overnight rain there is a pitch inspection at 10.30.

The natives are fuming as the wicket is way over to the old scoreboard which wouldn't be too bad if of course they hadn't taken all the seats out of the Trapdoor!!
Edit- Apparantly the wicket they were to use has been flooded according to a reliable source.

Cant imagine what Glamorgan will decide to do!:lol:

Last edited:
Nice sunny day at The Riverside but due to the overnight rain there is a pitch inspection at 10.30.

The natives are fuming as the wicket is way over to the old scoreboard which wouldn't be too bad if of course they hadn't taken all the seats out of the Trapdoor!!
Edit- Apparantly the wicket they were to use has been flooded according to a reliable source.

Cant imagine what Glamorgan will decide to do!:lol:
Embarrassing toss rule to likely strike again

Probably better off playing 14 away games!!!

Last edited:

Back