CC: Durham v Glamorgan

Tomorrow’s play will be truncated no doubt
Do we declare ,they waive their first innings,we waive our second innings leaving them to make 269 in say 75-80 overs or so
Opinions.?

I can’t see it unfortunately. Gloucestershire are going to get a draw and so Glamorgan’s promotion chances are gone (they’d need a 24 point win).

I suspect they’d rather allow the game to drift to the inevitable handshake and get back on the bus home at 16:30 as opposed to risking still being on the field after 18:00.

Would like to be wrong and see some meaningful cricket to end the season tomorrow but I can’t see it.
Ironically since play was abandoned for the day we've been bathed in Autumnal sunshine!

I suspect the umpires called it early because they didn’t fancy staying there any longer. Can’t say I blame them mind.

Last edited:

Just had a text alert from BBC Sport stating that the match has been drawn, so presumably today’s play has been abandoned. Nothing on the Clubs website.

Aye, season over just like that. In a way I hope the umpires asked the captains if they were interested in arranging a run chase and upon saying no they just called it off. Shame like seeing how Durham is bathed in beautiful sunshine, but can't blame anyone in this instance for calling it.

Back