CC :: Derbyshire v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

True, we don't look ready for the season mind, seem to know who should bat where

and Bancroft should have been forced to play, not good enough turning up late

Evidence?

We know Bancroft and Lees will open, Steel will be 3 and Harte 4, Burnham 5, Richardson 6, Poynter 7 Raine 8, Trevaskis/Pringle, 9 Salisbury 10, Rushy 11.

This game: no 4 had to open, as he had in preseason. Burnham was hidden a bit down the order (good choice given what's gone on) which meant Richardson/.Poynter necessarily had to come in early.

No doubt through the season the line up will change because of injury or the Head Coach wanting to blood youngsters or whatever.

IMHO, it's premature to draw too many conclusions from this first match. Not having 2 or your top 3 available is bound to mess with your line up.

Evidence?

We know Bancroft and Lees will open, Steel will be 3 and Harte 4, Burnham 5, Richardson 6, Poynter 7 Raine 8, Trevaskis/Pringle, 9 Salisbury 10, Rushy 11.

This game: no 4 had to open, as he had in preseason. Burnham was hidden a bit down the order (good choice given what's gone on) which meant Richardson/.Poynter necessarily had to come in early.

No doubt through the season the line up will change because of injury or the Head Coach wanting to blood youngsters or whatever.

IMHO, it's premature to draw too many conclusions from this first match. Not having 2 or your top 3 available is bound to mess with your line up.

I think my post sounded more negative than it was intended.

Just seemed to be a lot of moving parts that was all

certainly not making any big judgements based on 1 game like

Evidence?

Will eckersley not maybe come in as keeper?

Will eckersley not maybe come in as keeper?
May well do I suppose.

I'm happy enough with Poynter as keeper so the question is ….. who is the better bat and what's Poynter's future and will he be away with Ireland this summer, I'd think so.

May well do I suppose.

I'm happy enough with Poynter as keeper so the question is ….. who is the better bat and what's Poynter's future and will he be away with Ireland this summer, I'd think so.
Well Eckersley has more pedigree in terms of championship games/runs/average.

Lees didn't really do anything wrong there. Nice bounce on it, looked good for a ton.

Not great by Lees there, manic against his first 3 balls of leg spin, 6, dot, out

Well Eckersley has more pedigree in terms of championship games/runs/average.

Lees didn't really do anything wrong there. Nice bounce on it, looked good for a ton.

stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back