CC :: Derbyshire v Durham

Purely because I think Richardson is a better wicketkeeper option than Poynter. Eckerseley may well find himself number one anyway. Clark will be knocking on the door he's just hit 100 today.

Richardson's batting stats are scarily bad when he keeps, that's why he was stripped of them in the first place. His batting stats (although poor recently) without keeping are non-comparable.

Richardson's batting stats are scarily bad when he keeps, that's why he was stripped of them in the first place. His batting stats (although poor recently) without keeping are non-comparable.
True. Red ball cricket there isn't much between them, both poor. Eckerseley should be a cert for that position in the red ball game. I've said for a long time now, I'm not sure what Poynter brings to the team

Smith and Richardson have disappointed time and time again
Marty was quietly scathing about Richardson - debut in 2010, 32 y.o. and we're still waiting for his breakthrough year. So true and 33 next year it seems breakthrough will never come.

Anyone know where he is in terms of contract? I'm not sure he would deserve an extension.

Harte 215
Lees 118
Smith 1
Richardson 35
Burnham 44
Poynter 11
Trevaskis 79
Raine 13
Weighell 5
Salisbury 8
Rushworth 23

Our batsmen and how many balls they faced. In an attempt to save the game, only three can hold their heads high as far as I’m concerned.

Absolutely f***ing pathetic batting on the whole in both innings on what was a completely blameless pitch - two or three deliveries misbehaved today, but essentially it was a pitch that was true and offered every opportunity for players to make runs.

I thought we’d acheived rock bottom some time in the last two years, but can we really say that we’ve improved? I know there are players to come back and I know we’re only one game in - but the same things are going on that have gone on for the last two/three years.

We consistently get ourselves out, we consistently lose wickets in clusters and we consistently outdo completely the efforts of our bowlers.

Purely because I think Richardson is a better wicketkeeper option than Poynter. Eckerseley may well find himself number one anyway. Clark will be knocking on the door he's just hit 100 today.

It appears the coaching staff (past and present) disagree with you.

Not that it would likely have mattered but it was nowhere near out.

Common theme in this match. Not suggesting any foul play but there were three absolute shockers for our lads, none for theirs.

Marty was quietly scathing about Richardson - debut in 2010, 32 y.o. and we're still waiting for his breakthrough year. So true and 33 next year it seems breakthrough will never come.

Anyone know where he is in terms of contract? I'm not sure he would deserve an extension.

I was thinking similar regards his contract and his performance history - the conclusion I drew was that he must be on absolute peanuts and it suits the club to keep him over having to pay a half decent player proper money.

It’s odd, because in the title winning season (and the one after) I remember a fair few really good innings from him to either win or save a game. It’s frustrating that he can score hundreds against what arguably was the best Yorkshire attack in the last decade and what won titles, to not being able to buy a run against Division Two pie merchants.

Last edited:
If you look at Smith's career at Notts, Durham and Hampshire he must have been dropped out of the team more times than anyone in the last 15 years possibly apart from Muchall. Nice lad never quite good enough to hold on to his spot.
I never took to him when he played for us last time. Next game we have Bancroft, Steel, Clark and the new keeper in

Harte 215
Lees 118
Smith 1
Richardson 35
Burnham 44
Poynter 11
Trevaskis 79
Raine 13
Weighell 5
Salisbury 8
Rushworth 23

Our batsmen and how many balls they faced. In an attempt to save the game, only three can hold their heads high as far as I’m concerned.

Absolutely f***ing pathetic batting on the whole in both innings on what was a completely blameless pitch - two or three deliveries misbehaved today, but essentially it was a pitch that was true and offered every opportunity for players to make runs.

I thought we’d acheived rock bottom some time in the last two years, but can we really say that we’ve improved? I know there are players to come back and I know we’re only one game in - but the same things are going on that have gone on for the last two/three years.

We consistently get ourselves out, we consistently lose wickets in clusters and we consistently outdo completely the efforts of our bowlers.

It appears the coaching staff (past and present) disagree with you.

Common theme in this match. Not suggesting any foul play but there were three absolute shockers for our lads, none for theirs.

I was thinking similar regards his contract and his performance history - the conclusion I drew was that he must be on absolute peanuts and it suits the club to keep him over having to pay a half decent player proper money.

It’s odd, because in the title winning season (and the one after) I remember a fair few really good innings from him to either win or save a game. It’s frustrating that he can score hundreds against what arguably was the best Yorkshire attack in the last decade and what won titles, to not being able to buy a run against Division Two pie merchants.
That side is absolutely dreadful. It inspires zero confidence. Surely Durham can do better than that 11?

Back