Carillion sells contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work had practically stopped due to the lack of funds and the council had been approached for more money than quoted. They have fell short of what was expected for the amount paid the job hasn't moved on for ten weeks. Anyway WDSC getting involved for the cheapest quote yet again.
#Laughing stock.
And don't give me the shit about it could of happened to anyone.
In any other business you would be laughed at mate.
Do you think it was a good move getting involved with them boris? Don't dodge the question.
To be clear, you said they’d stopped Work. They hadn’t.

You said they’d stopped and demanded more money. They hadn’t

Duct fitter pairs normally get paid around £90 an hour for the pair. Main contractor on this set agencies away trying to find duct pairs for £24 an hour FOR THE PAIR :lol:
I feel genuinely sorry for the people worries about there jobs, but like you say it's common knowledge to anyone who as worked for them what they are like.
The government will bail them out by all accounts, they might still save themselves. But what I cant understand is what is gonna happen to the £20 million pounds worth of land the council gave them will that be sold to the highest bidder or given back. Or will the council have to buy it back for £25 million. No one knows

I feel genuinely sorry for the people worries about there jobs, but like you say it's common knowledge to anyone who as worked for them what they are like.
The government will bail them out by all accounts, they might still save themselves. But what I cant understand is what is gonna happen to the £20 million pounds worth of land the council gave them will that be sold to the highest bidder or given back. Or will the council have to buy it back for £25 million. No one knows
The council gave nothing to Carillion. They transferred the land assets on a staged basis to Siglion, a separate legal entity made up of indemnified partners, the managing partner being igloo

The council gave nothing to Carillion. They transferred the land assets on a staged basis to Siglion, a separate legal entity made up of indemnified partners, the managing partner being igloo
Carillion, Sunderland council, igloo. All three? That's what we were led to believe.

Carillion, Sunderland council, igloo. All three? That's what we were led to believe.
Yes, what’s your point? None of the assets of Siglion are impacted by the bankruptcy (if it happens) Of Carillion. Siglion are not liable for any of Carillion debts unless they are jointly held liabilities

So it was not a joint venture.
Insofar as they created a separate company together

What will delay things is that the courts could put a stay on Siglion operations while they check that there has been no double dealing with Carillion. Also seeking a replacement partner...unless they decide that Igloo can pick up the slack

Last edited:
Insofar as they created a separate company together

What will delay things is that the courts could put a stay on Siglion operations while they check that there has been no double dealing with Carillion. Also seeking a replacement partner...unless they decide that Igloo can pick up the slack
Fair comment. Be honest though boris the council should av known there was a risk getting involved with them. Especially on the vaux site.

Work had practically stopped due to the lack of funds and the council had been approached for more money than quoted. They have fell short of what was expected for the amount paid the job hasn't moved on for ten weeks. Anyway WDSC getting involved for the cheapest quote yet again.
#Laughing stock.
And don't give me the shit about it could of happened to anyone.
In any other business you would be laughed at mate.
Do you think it was a good move getting involved with them boris? Don't dodge the question.

How long did they stop for then?
Mustve only been a day or so as theyve been putting cladding on when you made that claim

Fair comment. Be honest though boris the council should av known there was a risk getting involved with them. Especially on the vaux site.
Given that Carillion have delivered the biggest regeneration projects in Birmingham and Manchester I would say they would have been first choice for most people

How long did they stop for then?
Mustve only been a day or so as theyve been putting cladding on when you made that claim
Everything is fine then pal.
Look at the bottom level mate 10 weeks ago it got covered in plastic sheeting as the building may not get finished. I knew, boris might of known and the council knew. Grow the fuck up man. Get a grip. I'm not moshy. Can't blame carillion, Why would a company on its knees throw thousands into a half finished building.

Given that Carillion have delivered the biggest regeneration projects in Birmingham and Manchester I would say they would have been first choice for most people
So were Tesco,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back