Carillion sells contracts.

Our factoring company are expecting them to go into administration. Government has said it has a contingency plan if this happens.

I was tupied over to Carillion a couple of years ago from another consultant. They had just won a contract that the first consultant had been doing for a decade and had provided a reasonably dedicated and competent service. Carillion won it on price. It was soon fairly obvious that they hadn't understood the complexities of what they had tendered for. They were so bad at what they did, particularly regards customer service and quality control, that I took early retirement at the very first opportunity. Last I heard they had walked away from the contract. If my experience was anything to go by their present difficulties are all of their own making.

I was tupied over to Carillion a couple of years ago from another consultant. They had just won a contract that the first consultant had been doing for a decade and had provided a reasonably dedicated and competent service. Carillion won it on price. It was soon fairly obvious that they hadn't understood the complexities of what they had tendered for. They were so bad at what they did, particularly regards customer service and quality control, that I took early retirement at the very first opportunity. Last I heard they had walked away from the contract. If my experience was anything to go by their present difficulties are all of their own making.

What contract was it?

This will be a bit bigger scale if it happens.

will this effect the boutique hotel planned for the seafront and the temporary bike hire,boating/canoeing activities centre.cafe and pod relocation on the soon to be demolished Seaburn centre site councillor ?

will this effect the boutique hotel planned for the seafront and the temporary bike hire,boating/canoeing activities centre.cafe and pod relocation on the soon to be demolished Seaburn centre site councillor ?
Just waiting on the outcome of the new business plan that they have put forward. Could seriously hurt any progress in Sunderland.

Just waiting on the outcome of the new business plan that they have put forward. Could seriously hurt any progress in Sunderland.

they're not involved in the soon to be announced exciting approved plans for the paper mill at Grangetown though are they councillor ?

You said Work has stopped as they demanded more money. It hasn’t and they’re not
Work had practically stopped due to the lack of funds and the council had been approached for more money than quoted. They have fell short of what was expected for the amount paid the job hasn't moved on for ten weeks. Anyway WDSC getting involved for the cheapest quote yet again.
#Laughing stock.
And don't give me the shit about it could of happened to anyone.
In any other business you would be laughed at mate.
Do you think it was a good move getting involved with them boris? Don't dodge the question.

Work had practically stopped due to the lack of funds and the council had been approached for more money than quoted. They have fell short of what was expected for the amount paid the job hasn't moved on for ten weeks. Anyway WDSC getting involved for the cheapest quote yet again.
#Laughing stock.
And don't give me the shit about it could of happened to anyone.
In any other business you would be laughed at mate.
Do you think it was a good move getting involved with them boris?

Duct fitter pairs normally get paid around £90 an hour for the pair. Main contractor on this set agencies away trying to find duct pairs for £24 an hour FOR THE PAIR :lol:

Back