Carillion sells contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got out of it a few year ago tbh mate,I've got my own bathroom supply and fit company.I'm doing well at present, but fuck me money like that is obscene.:)

I know, it's crackers. M&E consultancies are paying outsourced BIM companies up to £200 ph to provide full BIM level 2. All thanks to the Government :)

I know, it's crackers. M&E consultancies are paying outsourced BIM companies up to £200 ph to provide full BIM level 2. All thanks to the Government :)
I was offered between 25 and 45 quid an hour a couple of months ago for duct work off an old gaffer. I had too much on to take it but he did say there was possibly loads to do, from a company down the midlands.

And yet you still havent answered the question. Outstanding.

You claimed work had stopped at a time work was visably ongoing.

Do Burnley still have those wooden benches? Everton have loads of seats where you can barely see anything.
So basically the work on the construction had stopped, and they finished the cladding and hoped to get the building water tight by getting the bottom windows in. They ran out of time and money so put a placca screen up. Hope this help. It will always look like there's work going on there still as some contractors will not have been affected. Security, setting out lads,
Will you answer me a question now?
Was I right to be sceptical?

Big call for the government here.

We stopped dealing directly with Carillion and it's subsidies, over 12 months ago.
It will be. How will they get their back handers from government contracts?

More seriously they have refused to prop up other industries so this really shouldnt be any different

It will be. How will they get their back handers from government contracts?

More seriously they have refused to prop up other industries so this really shouldnt be any different
Indeed, however the Scottish government offering to assist, if needed with BIFAB sets a bit of a precedent.
Obviously on a smaller scale.

If the company goes pop, with this pension deficit along with other things is it possible directors get sent to jail on the back of this? It's a disgrace whats gone on.
the BHS guy is going through that at the minute. Not Green the other one!

Indeed, however the Scottish government offering to assist, if needed with BIFAB sets a bit of a precedent.
Obviously on a smaller scale.
it will be intersting if they do help how they fund it given there is no money (allegedly)

That's the end for them then.

I have nothing to back that up other than industry talk. I work for another FM company and needless to say the whole industry is watching what happens with Carillion.

Years of bidding contracts with minuscule margins or no margin at all have finally come to a head.

I have nothing to back that up other than industry talk. I work for another FM company and needless to say the whole industry is watching what happens with Carillion.

Years of bidding contracts with minuscule margins or no margin at all have finally come to a head.
Carillion going the journey will be a boost for the other companies though?

They were buying competitors just to increase turnover according to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back