Carillion sells contracts.

I wasnt there then, its not just the processes that they have in place, its the attitude of the workforce, 70% of them are just unhelpful, and sometimes even obstructive, part of the problem is that the hierarchy at the prison are as weak as piss and dont do anything about it
There’s some very bitter works dept people who don’t want to be working for them.

Don't there just hire temps in anyway ?
Tend to give jobs to local contractors and let them sort everything from what I’ve come across recently.

We're working on a tender for some construction work with them, they tried to sneak in a deed of novation that would have changed the terms on our existing O&M contracts from 30 days to 126 days :lol:

Still had to tell our sales team in large, bold text not to sign it :neutral:

I tendered a job in London for them. They wanted me to agree to 180 day payment terms.

It would have meant I would have shelled out £324,000 in wages before a single application had been paid out by them.

LOL

I tendered a job in London for them. They wanted me to agree to 180 day payment terms.

It would have meant I would have shelled out £324,000 in wages before a single application had been paid out by them.

LOL
I haven't even seen what milestones they want, probably 90% on completion and 10% on retention

I haven't even seen what milestones they want, probably 90% on completion and 10% on retention

Loads and loads of contractors try and dispute their payment terms by getting them down to 30 days, but I now know that as part of their tendering process, procurement managers are told to accept bids from subbies who agree to the 6 month payment terms, even if they are double the price of a subbie who wants 30 days. Batshit crazy

Loads and loads of contractors try and dispute their payment terms by getting them down to 30 days, but I now know that as part of their tendering process, procurement managers are told to accept bids from subbies who agree to the 6 month payment terms, even if they are double the price of a subbie who wants 30 days. Batshit crazy
We had a FM company agree to sign a 1 year maintenance contract backdated 5 months and before they even paid they were asking for a credit because the machinery hadn't run at their choice. I'd put my house on them showing their customer the invoice and pocketing the credit (not that we're giving them one).

We had one contractor ask us to photograph any completed unit so he could bill his customer.

I've only been in the industry for just over a year but some of the practices are shocking, make used car salesmen look noble

LOL

Larger customers always start from ridiculous payment terms and budge very little in my experience - 120 days being the norm, then try and back to back all terms to the sub contractors, smaller ones simply cannot operate with long payment terms

Larger customers always start from ridiculous payment terms and budge very little in my experience - 120 days being the norm, then try and back to back all terms to the sub contractors, smaller ones simply cannot operate with long payment terms

90 days is the longest I will go. If my clients can’t agree payment on my terms, they don’t get my companies service. Luckily, I only deal with 2 awkward companies who do generally back down and give in

We had a FM company agree to sign a 1 year maintenance contract backdated 5 months and before they even paid they were asking for a credit because the machinery hadn't run at their choice. I'd put my house on them showing their customer the invoice and pocketing the credit (not that we're giving them one).

We had one contractor ask us to photograph any completed unit so he could bill his customer.

I've only been in the industry for just over a year but some of the practices are shocking, make used car salesmen look noble

You’d be surprised about the amount of brown envelopes flying around when you consider everyone of these companies has an anti-bribery policy :lol:

Proper detailed asset surveys must be worth a fortune, surprising how little attention is given to these when embarking on a FM contract

LOL

When I worked there I had to ring subbies before Christmas when they were due and ask if I could pay them after Christmas so it helped our cash out for year end

Was a lovely phone call

Back