Carillion sells contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can tell you 7 current projects right now that pays £120 the pair if you like.

£24 an hour for the pair is derogatory which ever way you try and look at it
Well I've just googled duct fitter jobs, London seems to pay 32_34 an hour, that's maybe 22 for the skilled lad,10 or 12 for the Pattie lot.
I'm speechless if they work 10 hrs a day and take 1200 notes. Thats 6 grand a week.

Given that Carillion have delivered the biggest regeneration projects in Birmingham and Manchester I would say they would have been first choice for most people
Carillion were on the verge of buying balfour Beatty a few year back.By far the largest construction company in Britain.

Last edited:
I can tell you 7 current projects right now that pays £120 the pair if you like.

£24 an hour for the pair is derogatory which ever way you try and look at it
£60 an hour to fit duct tape? Are you taking the piss? Do I have to find a partner or is it just a case of someone else will be on site with their roll of tape?

Everything is fine then pal.
Look at the bottom level mate 10 weeks ago it got covered in plastic sheeting as the building may not get finished. I knew, boris might of known and the council knew. Grow the fuck up man. Get a grip. I'm not moshy. Can't blame carillion, Why would a company on its knees throw thousands into a half finished building.

So were Tesco,

I never said everything is fine & im full aware of carillions financial problems.
However if carillion cant carry out its commitments within siglion, a new partner will be sought. I do think you're making it out to be worse than it actually is.

And why come back with a moshy-esque reply. All i did is ask a question on a claim you made which on the face of it doesnt appear to be true

Well I've just googled duct fitter jobs, London seems to pay 32_34 an hour, that's maybe 22 for the skilled lad,10 or 12 for the Pattie lot.
I'm speechless if they work 10 hrs a day and take 1200 notes. Thats 6 grand a week.

Carillion were on the verge of buying balfour Beatty a few year back.By far the largest construction company in Britain.
They’ll mebbes return the favour...BB have a big order book and healthy finances

I'm speechless if they work 10 hrs a day and take 1200 notes. Thats 6 grand a week

Bellatrix, Capella 2 and NCFH all pay £120ph for the pair. If you’re speechless at those rates, you’ll shit your knickers when you see BIM rates

£60 an hour to fit duct tape? Are you taking the piss? Do I have to find a partner or is it just a case of someone else will be on site with their roll of tape?

I’m not. But I still wouldn’t get out of bed for that ;)

Bellatrix, Capella 2 and NCFH all pay £120ph for the pair. If you’re speechless at those rates, you’ll shit your knickers when you see BIM rates

I’m not. But I still wouldn’t get out of bed for that ;)
That must be very specialized work surely to command that rate.I've noted most of it is for cambridge university biomedical projects.if you are lifting 5 to 6 k a week mate hats off to you .Nothing on Google points to anything of them pay rates for duct fitters.I'm a pipefitter by trade and worked on many high profile sites of national interest and nothing comes close to them rates.Who you on for out of interest?

I never said everything is fine & im full aware of carillions financial problems.
However if carillion cant carry out its commitments within siglion, a new partner will be sought. I do think you're making it out to be worse than it actually is.

And why come back with a moshy-esque reply. All i did is ask a question on a claim you made which on the face of it doesnt appear to be true
In other words calling me a liar.
We have waited 17 year for work on vaux, when myself doubted/moaned/showed scepticism I was shunned by yourself and boris.
I heard a rumour from someone in the know that carillion were making the building water tight before Christmas and that was it, as it looked like they were pulling the plug/bigger fish to fry.
I was shunned and told I was lying again.
So if it goes in the next couple of days hopefully not, this city will be at the end of a very very long queue waiting for the government to sort out carillions failings. Probably an investigation into the handling of the contracts. Then the haggling of the new contracts. This being the very least.
So my original doubts over the vaux site don't look so far from the truth.
At best the government step in personally I think this will still halt the building while they get investigated for a long time.
I know the current council are trying to better the city centre but they have been trying a very long time now. And all some people on here do is blame contractors, central government, the moaners.
This council will never be held responsible for anything they do. As they use a very old political technique of deflecting the blame. Set a company up as scape goats.
I feel sorry for the men and women who stand on the outer circle of the council who feel and are led to believe it's a way in, who devote their time and effort into any cause just to be either ignored in glory or shunned in defeat.
Don't worry though because I'm sure you know better.

In other words calling me a liar.
We have waited 17 year for work on vaux, when myself doubted/moaned/showed scepticism I was shunned by yourself and boris.
I heard a rumour from someone in the know that carillion were making the building water tight before Christmas and that was it, as it looked like they were pulling the plug/bigger fish to fry.
I was shunned and told I was lying again.
So if it goes in the next couple of days hopefully not, this city will be at the end of a very very long queue waiting for the government to sort out carillions failings. Probably an investigation into the handling of the contracts. Then the haggling of the new contracts. This being the very least.
So my original doubts over the vaux site don't look so far from the truth.
At best the government step in personally I think this will still halt the building while they get investigated for a long time.
I know the current council are trying to better the city centre but they have been trying a very long time now. And all some people on here do is blame contractors, central government, the moaners.
This council will never be held responsible for anything they do. As they use a very old political technique of deflecting the blame. Set a company up as scape goats.
I feel sorry for the men and women who stand on the outer circle of the council who feel and are led to believe it's a way in, who devote their time and effort into any cause just to be either ignored in glory or shunned in defeat.
Don't worry though because I'm sure you know better.

And yet you still havent answered the question. Outstanding.

You claimed work had stopped at a time work was visably ongoing.

Cannot be true, the worst seats in the Premier are at the landfill.

Do Burnley still have those wooden benches? Everton have loads of seats where you can barely see anything.

And yet you still havent answered the question. Outstanding.

You claimed work had stopped at a time work was visably ongoing.

Do Burnley still have those wooden benches? Everton have loads of seats where you can barely see anything.

Unbelievable that Everton have spent nearly 30 years of benefiting from PL money yet still play in such a shithole. They had to gan cap in hand to the council to borrow money for their new place anarl.

That must be very specialized work surely to command that rate.I've noted most of it is for cambridge university biomedical projects.if you are lifting 5 to 6 k a week mate hats off to you .Nothing on Google points to anything of them pay rates for duct fitters.I'm a pipefitter by trade and worked on many high profile sites of national interest and nothing comes close to them rates.Who you on for out of interest?

It's working out around 20% air socks, 20% plastic, 60% normal galv. There's bucket loads of it with extremely strict deadlines. I'm not a duct fitter, I just work with all the subbies (pipe/duct/sparks) providing a separate service.

Got plenty of graft on? I can point you in the direction of 3 staggered North East projects from mid-Feb which will take up the rest of 2018. All 3 projects are roughly £9m M&E

It's working out around 20% air socks, 20% plastic, 60% normal galv. There's bucket loads of it with extremely strict deadlines. I'm not a duct fitter, I just work with all the subbies (pipe/duct/sparks) providing a separate service.

Got plenty of graft on? I can point you in the direction of 3 staggered North East projects from mid-Feb which will take up the rest of 2018. All 3 projects are roughly £9m M&E
I got out of it a few year ago tbh mate,I've got my own bathroom supply and fit company.I'm doing well at present, but fuck me money like that is obscene.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back