Calling SMB veg growers

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Got a couple tattie sacks with Maris piper and Charlotte, 3 chillies a pepper, 6 Tom's and strawberries in my greenhouse. Planted some onions strawberries and turnips outside.
Got some broccoli seeds I'm going to pot up in the greenhouse. Looking for something else to plant too, nee idea what though

Set my runner bean seeds away today in the greenhouse, should be ready to plant out at the end of May, running out of room already.

ive just planted some 1370 Heinz tomato plan seedss for growing outside. they are coming along nicely, when would it be recommended for them to go in a growbag outside

Was digging today and found a row of last years potatoes that I forgot about. They were well underground so aren’t green due to light and the majority of them feel firm and shiw no signs of damage. Would anyone take the risk of eating them?

Was digging today and found a row of last years potatoes that I forgot about. They were well underground so aren’t green due to light and the majority of them feel firm and shiw no signs of damage. Would anyone take the risk of eating them?
If they are a main crop (King Edward, Desiree etc) and haven't started sprouting yet they should be ok

Yes.

In effect you’ve inadvertently created a potato clamp.

Cheers.

Can I ask you for some advice about autumn raspberries or will it be better to consult google?
To be honest, you’d be better off with google for that. We’ve got raspberries, but don’t really do anything with them, care wise.

The potato clamp was a brain worm from years back, watching the Victorian Kitchen Garden.

Back