Caller Eric on Totalsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s paying through the nose to phone in. He’s clearly two waves short of a shipwreck and anything he says must be disregarded.

Is this the view from a successful business manager in a professional sports club, Ross appears to have met his target of play-offs. Its clowns like you that make this board a joke at times. We are a L1 team and we are not and have not been a big team playing wise for as long as I can remember, which is a long time.

Define big team. For our whole history we’ve been a bigger team than 5th in league one, as evidenced by this being our worst finish in history. We have the largest ever wage bill at this level, have the transfer record for this level, largest ever attendance at this level, but yes we are not a big club relative to this level - give your head a shake man.

Our squad is more than capable of winning this league, and I’d question the sanity of anyone that claims Barnsley, Charlton, Luton or Pompey have a better squad than we do. I’d agree ours hasn’t been utilised correctly and have underachieved and credit to those above us who’ve operated better with their resources than we have, but there’s no chance they have better squads than we do - not to mention our ability to spend £4m on one player at this level. Imagine what Barnsley, Charlton etc could have done with a £4m transfer budget, yet Ross blows it on a cripple who’s barely featured.

There is no evidence whatsoever of Donald and Methven being successful - have they ever ran a league one team before? It’s completely different to non league football, which they were adequate at best at, and different completely to the business world. Maybe they will be good, maybe not, but it’s an impossible claim to substantiate

League position didn’t warrant promotion. We’d be promoted via the lottery and not via the teams achievements. I would struggle to equate the two
So do we not go on Sunday then?

I’m not defending the league position or his teams style and performance,but if we do go up via this lottery which is available to the top 6 every season has he still not been promoted? If he takes us up by hook or by crook he’ll get a fair chance next season

So do we not go on Sunday then?

I’m not defending the league position or his teams style and performance,but if we do go up via this lottery which is available to the top 6 every season has he still not been promoted? If he takes us up by hook or by crook he’ll get a fair chance next season

Didn’t suggest that at all. But to praise him for winning a one off game and ignoring the rather poor season is foolish. Target was promotion via top 2, which he failed at. Dismally. Despite being in arguably the best position to win the league outright at one point in April

I disagree fervently. What part of finishing 5th in this joke league warrants a chance to compete higher? I’d sack him regardless of the result on Sunday personally - send him my thanks if we win and don’t have anything against him just don’t think he’s good enough

So if he gets us promoted, he should be sacked ?

The post i've quoted leads me to reassess how many mags and WUM we have on this board.
Criticism for failure is acceptable in most circumstances. The same for success is surreal.

So if he gets us promoted, he should be sacked ?

The post i've quoted leads me to reassess how many mags and WUM we have on this board.
Criticism for failure is acceptable in most circumstances. The same for success is surreal.

Yes. Finishing 5th in this league isn’t good enough by any metric. I don’t mark winning the playoffs as “successful”. Yes it has the desired outcome but also Ross finished 5th, which was abject quite frankly. Nothing to suggest he’d be anymore of a success in the Championship

The bit where He takes us up earns him the right. I’m no big fan of his or the dross we’ve been watching but if his remit was promotion then he will of achieved it should we win. If we don’t win then reassess

I agree with your main point, but what were you expecting in the third division ? Liverpool v Man city ?

I agree with your main point, but what were you expecting in the third division ? Liverpool v Man city ?
I had hoped for a high pressing style after he had said that’s the way he played. We haven’t seen that and to an extent we’ve been very stand offish at times, the exact opposite of what I expected. I wasn’t expecting a high standard of football between 2 teams and never said I was.

Yes. Finishing 5th in this league isn’t good enough by any metric. I don’t mark winning the playoffs as “successful”. Yes it has the desired outcome but also Ross finished 5th, which was abject quite frankly. Nothing to suggest he’d be anymore of a success in the Championship

You're a mag or a wum.

If not, when you sanity certificate is up for renewal, don't build your hopes up.

Didn’t suggest that at all. But to praise him for winning a one off game and ignoring the rather poor season is foolish. Target was promotion via top 2, which he failed at. Dismally. Despite being in arguably the best position to win the league outright at one point in April
I understand that owners (who are only ones that matter in this) set a target of play-offs which he achieved, or do you set targets?

I had hoped for a high pressing style after he had said that’s the way he played. We haven’t seen that and to an extent we’ve been very stand offish at times, the exact opposite of what I expected. I wasn’t expecting a high standard of football between 2 teams and never said I was.

We averaged under 3 shots on target a game for over half the season.

Define big team. For our whole history we’ve been a bigger team than 5th in league one, as evidenced by this being our worst finish in history. We have the largest ever wage bill at this level, have the transfer record for this level, largest ever attendance at this level, but yes we are not a big club relative to this level - give your head a shake man.

Our squad is more than capable of winning this league, and I’d question the sanity of anyone that claims Barnsley, Charlton, Luton or Pompey have a better squad than we do. I’d agree ours hasn’t been utilised correctly and have underachieved and credit to those above us who’ve operated better with their resources than we have, but there’s no chance they have better squads than we do - not to mention our ability to spend £4m on one player at this level. Imagine what Barnsley, Charlton etc could have done with a £4m transfer budget, yet Ross blows it on a cripple who’s barely featured.

There is no evidence whatsoever of Donald and Methven being successful - have they ever ran a league one team before? It’s completely different to non league football, which they were adequate at best at, and different completely to the business world. Maybe they will be good, maybe not, but it’s an impossible claim to substantiate
Big teams win things at the highest level, having a large support does not make us a big team, we have won SFA of value since 1973. As far as the other teams you mention, did I refer two them as big teams, we are a L1 team and hopefully by 1700 Sunday evening we will be a Championship team and back on the way up again.

We averaged under 3 shots on target a game for over half the season.
Yup,we are a lot more negative than what I thought he was promising. Very frustrating as the early games we did press we played well and looked comfortable. For some reason we have looked slow and rigid since October/November despite hosting a few good patches together. Despite mcgeady being our best player we’ve played worse as a team with him,almost like they expect him to do it alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back