Call centre / cold callers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar call and I told her I didn't have a bank account, she insisted I must have but I just denied I had. After 5 mins I admitted I had one but wasn't gonna tell her. She became very aggressive but they've never bothered me since.
That's what irritates me - they get aggressive - but they rang in the first place so what do they expect. One bloke hung up on me too. :)

Had one yesterday for life insurance.

I pretended to be really interested, listened to what they were offering, then just as we were about to seal the deal...

Put the phone down..

If they are an arsey then I refuse to hang up and force them to do it.

I was a teacher in a school for a while.
Someone had seen my LinkedIn profile and used my name and school's details to call me.
They called in the middle of the school day and got through to office. He insisted that he needed to talk to me and asked to be put through. My lesson was interrupted as someone came to my classroom to say that I had a call waiting for me. I was thinking all sorts - family emergency, death etc...
I left my class to some salesman tit asking if I was in charge of purchasing software in the school and would I be interested in their special offers for one day only?
He got an earful. I named and shamed him on LinkedIn too.

I usually hang up. Once or twice I've had a laugh "oh yes I was in a car crash! I'd had a few drinks but he did come from nowhere!"

I just say I rent this house that gets rid of most of them. The ppi mob I just say no thanks and hang up. I haven't had a cold call for ages now used to get loads.

The number virgin gave us is recycled, and despite their assurances that the line had been declared "dead" for at least 12 months before giving it to us we get multiple daily phone calls from India asking to speak to a Mr Hardy (not me), no matter how many times I have politely asked them to remove the number, still they keep coming. now I just leave them waiting for me to turn the hob off, the most recent one waited 40 minutes for me to return.

Virgin don't want to know, as far as they're concerned the line was dead for 12 months, despite the first of these calls actually arriving less than 5 minutes after we first plugged the phone into the wall socket.
Nor will Virgin give us a new number, they will only offer another recycled number as no new numbers are being produced by anyone apparently (bullshit)

Think we'll be getting that BT phone guardian thing shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back