Buying a car that you've always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have lost my mojo for cars at moment . Fancy something different like a Maserati but know I'll regret buying a top end sports car.
Jag xj swb with the beefed up engine probably makes more sense and less showy as stil live in Spennymoor.

Fair play if that's what you want and achieve it. Decided I don't give a fuck anymore and will be downgrading massively next time but cut my monthly bill in half.
To be honest I'm much the same. As a bairn I obsessed about cars but realise now they're not really that important to me. Football heading the same way it seems too :lol: .

I would rather have the mk1 XR2 these days. Seen what some go for?

Because the panels on the golf were made of iron compared to the fiestas tin foil :lol:
Last time I looked it was about 7k for an original mk1 xr2, wish I'd just stored mine when I got rid of it 20 years ago this August.

Have lost my mojo for cars at moment . Fancy something different like a Maserati but know I'll regret buying a top end sports car.
Jag xj swb with the beefed up engine probably makes more sense and less showy as stil live in Spennymoor.
You won't! It makes driving more fun, even for the short hops.

20 odd years ago a mate of mine always done up mk1 golf's, he had a class purple one and later a pearl white one
Used to love going down the blockies and Morrisons in it with him, everyone proper loved the pearlescent white one.

I've always had canny shit cars thinking one fay I'll get summit class, but not that bothered now, I just want something cheap as possible with low tax and cheap for petrol. Even started looking into city cars a couple of year ago but didnt see anything I fancied.

Fair play op, happy for you, there's no better feeling than when you get something you've wanted for ages

I had an old audi gt coupe. Got wrote off by a man who was meant to be working on it but was actually racing it along 690. Arsehole.

Fair play if that's what you want and achieve it. Decided I don't give a fuck anymore and will be downgrading massively next time but cut my monthly bill in half.
Aye similar, still love motors but new job is an hour away rather than 10 mins at my last one so need something more sensible and can easily half my payment for something still pretty decent.

Really nice car fella.

Always had a fascination with the Citroen DS when I was a kid, looked long and hard for a good one and bought a 23 Efi about 15 years ago, ran it for six years but sadly had to sell it when the kids/wife came along. Still the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Je ne regrette rien.
Love them
Wonder how much they go for now
Logon or register to see this image

Love them
Wonder how much they go for now
Logon or register to see this image

I bought mine up here for £6500, and sold it down London for double that. A really nice one will set you back upwards of £25k, but they are absolutely worth it.

My dream is to own a Citroen SM, basically a sporty version of a DS with a Maserati V6 engine. Rare as rocking horse shite, but a thing of absolute beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back