Buying a car that you've always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you buy a car brand new with cash, how much could you expect to get knocked off? Say car 15000 and you have cash to pay it.

Also are you better off going to like Arnold Clark and getting one about a year old. My last 2 were brand new from the dealership on credit

Just got a discovery sport hse. Beautiful motor and comfy as owt. Big and juicy and absolutely love it.
Paid cash and it cost 10k more than our first house which we bought in 85.
Just hope the stupid garage sorts out the minor niggles I have with it, if not they can have the motor back.
Always lusted after range rovers but they are way out of my league price wise

If you buy a car brand new with cash, how much could you expect to get knocked off? Say car 15000 and you have cash to pay it.

Also are you better off going to like Arnold Clark and getting one about a year old. My last 2 were brand new from the dealership on credit

Yes, always go for a nearly new, you save a fortune. Unless of course you can afford it.

Bank loans are much cheaper than dealer credit as well.

Yes, always go for a nearly new, you save a fortune. Unless of course you can afford it.

Is Arnold Clark good? Can you recommend any other nearly new Errr shops. I know fuck all about buying cars.

f***ing bastard Westie has set me off now thinking about a new one now, bad dog!!

Absolutely fuck all mate! They don't want cash buyers, only finance.

I won an old trabant in a bet in the pub years ago - i keep telling the wife its a project - its just a f***ing clip sat in her dads 3rd garden :lol: will take a pic when I'm back from the pool for you
Look at me. My inlaws have at least 3 gardens. f***ing pathetic!

If you're considering brand new have a look at 2 websites, carwow and drivethedeal. You spec exactly what you want and then get quotes sent back to you. Carwow you will get 5 quotes all from main dealers with varying levels of discount. They could be anywhere in the country mind but I found the best price was about 12% less than list. Drivethedeal is slightly different in that I think they push all the orders through one dealer for each brand meaning they get discounts for volume.

I went through DTD and got 15% nearly £5.5k off the list price. The dealer is down south, but the dealers up here couldn't get within 2k of the price I had.

If you'd rather deal locally you could get these quotes, print them out and use them as a bartering tool at the very least.

Is Arnold Clark good? Can you recommend any other nearly new Errr shops. I know fuck all about buying cars.

f***ing bastard Westie has set me off now thinking about a new one now, bad dog!!

If you're buying nearly new, it doesn't matter too much where you buy from as you'll have a couple of years manufacturers warranty. I've bought from Arnold Clark before and never had any chew. There's also Motorpoint in Birtley who are pretty cheap.
I'm looking to change my car I use for work at the minute, and £15k will get you a 16 plate Passat 2.0 diesel, 10k miles and all the kit. What sort of motor are you after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back