Buying a car that you've always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where else do you get one from, think you're something special? :lol:
Obviously all cars start life in the factory, but if you go into a dealer they will have new cars in stock ready to go, other stock in their dealership network that they can dip into, or even one already allocated in the factory which is about to be built but they can tweak the spec. If they haven't got anything matching the options you want you go right to the back of the queue and have to start the full build process from scratch.

Oh and if I was something special I'd probably be going for something a bit better than a golf! ;)

Obviously all cars start life in the factory, but if you go into a dealer they will have new cars in stock ready to go, other stock in their dealership network that they can dip into, or even one already allocated in the factory which is about to be built but they can tweak the spec. If they haven't got anything matching the options you want you go right to the back of the queue and have to start the full build process from scratch.

Oh and if I was something special I'd probably be going for something a bit better than a golf! ;)

It wouldn't sound like a Golf though, no point.

I always wanted a Golf GTI as a youngster , well today I achieved my dream and bought one, its only taken nearly 30 years.

Really nice car fella.

Always had a fascination with the Citroen DS when I was a kid, looked long and hard for a good one and bought a 23 Efi about 15 years ago, ran it for six years but sadly had to sell it when the kids/wife came along. Still the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Je ne regrette rien.

The hot hatch,had a mk1 xr2 which was canny close looks wise but without the poke of the 1.8 gti. Legendary car still which makers still copy the idea to this day although modern hot hatches have loads of power they are fat by the mk 1s standards.

I would rather have the mk1 XR2 these days. Seen what some go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back