Buy to let mortgages - Contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be honest mate I find it amusing but really you need to grow up and not be a jealous Corbynista. Nevermind I’ll be retired at 60 (12 years to go) and I need you to pay my pension and NHS bills.
I doubt he'll be jealous of you being 60 in 12 years mind.

In my experience, buy-to-let landlords are the scum of the earth.

It’s absolutely outrageous how badly they are allowed to treat their customers.

It must be the age difference mate.

Nevermind, us landlords need people like you to keep on renting so we can retire early.

I have no problem with the existence of a rental sector and recognise it's absolutely necessary to meet people's needs.

Immoral, buy-to-let landlords with multiple properties are horrid people of course. I have nothing against landlords with an extra property they rent out.

Anyone have any advice, Im looking to buy a second property at auction to rent out.

Buy to Let Quote

I have no problem with the existence of a rental sector and recognise it's absolutely necessary to meet people's needs.

Immoral, buy-to-let landlords with multiple properties are horrid people of course. I have nothing against landlords with an extra property they rent out.

I had a property in Liverpool which I rented out for years, at first it was people I knew (friends and friends of friends) and I was able to do without letting agents and charge a slightly lower than market rent brvause the tenants were great, I had a good run but it ended up biting me on the arse, I've managed to sell it recetly for the price I wanted but its certainly not an easy game.

Last edited by a moderator:

You’re a funny one you, people who let out a couple of houses are horrid. The interest I get when I have a house available suggests there is a bigger shortage of decent houses to rent than decent houses for sale. What about people who own more than one shop or more than one restaurant, are they horrid? Is all capitalism bad, should everyone just get themselves a job and have no ambition to better themselves?

You’re a funny one you, people who let out a couple of houses are horrid. The interest I get when I have a house available suggests there is a bigger shortage of decent houses to rent than decent houses for sale. What about people who own more than one shop or more than one restaurant, are they horrid? Is all capitalism bad, should everyone just get themselves a job and have no ambition to better themselves?

They're selfish, greedy and immoral people IMO.

Are you really trying to compare owning a chain of shops to owning several rental properties? Having a house is a much more fundamental need to a far greater segment of the population than being able to own a commercial property.

Is all capitalism bad? No. I am not anti-capitalism, but I think greed is bad, that we have staggering levels of inequality in both income and wealth, a housing crisis deepened in part at least by buy-to-let landlords with several properties strangling the market...need I go on?

They're selfish, greedy and immoral people IMO.

Are you really trying to compare owning a chain of shops to owning several rental properties? Having a house is a much more fundamental need to a far greater segment of the population than being able to own a commercial property.

Is all capitalism bad? No. I am not anti-capitalism, but I think greed is bad, that we have staggering levels of inequality in both income and wealth, a housing crisis deepened in part at least by buy-to-let landlords with several properties strangling the market...need I go on?

you do sound a little bit bitter, do you rent yourself?

you do sound a little bit bitter, do you rent yourself?

I do not wish to buy a house at the moment and I am happily renting. I'm not planning on living or working where I am now by the end of the year so buying a house would be pointless.

It's easy to call people bitter to undermine their points. I'm not bitter and have no reason to be. I'm very happy with my lot. I will highlight the drivers of inequality though.

I do not wish to buy a house at the moment and I am happily renting. I'm not planning on living or working where I am now by the end of the year so buying a house would be pointless.

It's easy to call people bitter to undermine their points. I'm not bitter and have no reason to be. I'm very happy with my lot. I will highlight the drivers of inequality though.

well I was a landlord for years and I dont think I'm selfish or immoral, a bit greedy maybe but that wasnt why I was a landlord, it was forced upon me when myself and the ex split, rather acrimoniously, anyhow we can leave it there.

good post

Last edited by a moderator:
well I was a landlord for years and I dont think I'm selfish or immoral, a bit greedy maybe but that wasnt why I was a landlord, it was forced upon me when myself and the ex split, rather acrimoniously, anyhow we can leave it there.

I'm sure this is just as fictional as everything you posted under your previous usernames, but okay.

I'm sure this is just as fictional as everything you posted under your previous usernames, but okay.

do you want to bet, you name the price, I have the paperwork here by my bedside, as it happens, what do you say?

Get a decent house in a decent area and let it at a reasonable price, you will have plenty of interest. Then you can make sure you get people in who are going to look after your property. Don’t want to generalise but I’ve dealt with 3 DSS tenants and it would be fair to say I will never deal with them again.

We have a couple of rentals, our rule is professionals only, no pets, no smokers, rent to be paid through standing order. Served us well , mind our properties are spot on and we are at the end of the phone for any problem the tenants mighty have.

I'm not naming any price. If you want to hoy up your landlord paperwork you can do. Would be a bit silly of you though.

no I'll come up the Chesters and meet you, if you like?

Karma here. Just got a call to say our tenants are a couple of weeks behind in rent and they're phone is disconnected .
Fuck :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back