Buy to let mortgages - Contractor

Like any of the youngsters will make do with second hand stuff

Couldn’t have anything second hand in my flat tbh.

Though that’s because the staircase is narrow as fuck and I live on the second floor, meaning nothing pre-assembled can be taken up.

Quite annoying really as I had to have a more expensive and less comfortable sofa.

Though that’s because the staircase is narrow as fuck and I live on the second floor, meaning nothing pre-assembled can be taken up.

Quite annoying really as I had to have a more expensive and less comfortable sofa.
Sounds like you have a money grabbing arsehole of a landlord there, can see why you hate them so much as they are all the same

Sounds like you have a money grabbing arsehole of a landlord there, can see why you hate them so much as they are all the same

Just an unfortunate quirk. I think the original building was Georgian.

According to the BBC I pay less than the average for my property and it came with a new boiler and underfloor heating.

Just an unfortunate quirk. I think the original building was Georgian.

According to the BBC I pay less than the average for my property and it came with a new boiler and underfloor heating.
All 3 of my properties are let at under market value, it’s a good way of getting good tenants if there are plenty interested. All are looked after well and problems dealt with immediately, however that doesn’t fit in with the agenda that all landlords are money grabbing arseholes

Interesting... Well that seems fair enough. I'd have a look on something like MoneySupermarket for a BtL mortgage.
And now to wind up people like @Frijj a bit more...

Is this the first rental property you'll be owning? You'll have to pay second home stamp duty on it if so. If you already have one, then you'll know about this delightful additional fee

Whats all the moaning about owning property? Its not like anyone is looking to become slumlord...

You should build all of your furniture out of Lego.

Do you have any idea how much that would cost?!

Well if the property was £125K or over, it would be £2,500.
I think that's right

I thought stamp duty was abolished for first time buyers up to 300k or something?

I remember being annoyed that I missed out by buying a house 2 or 3 months before they brought in the change.

I thought stamp duty was abolished for first time buyers up to 300k or something?

I remember being annoyed that I missed out by buying a house 2 or 3 months before they brought in the change.

You might be right there. Although I suspect it depends on the price of the house

You might be right there. Although I suspect it depends on the price of the house

I've just checked, it is up to 300k, higher in London.

In theory, no first time buyer outside of London should be paying stamp duty unless you are a Labour MP who says they can't afford to get on the housing ladder.

Would you care to qualify that answer? As I don't know you'd be doing everyone a service supplying the info.
Although I suspect

@Pop may have done just that

First-time buyers are entitled to relief for the first £300,000 of Stamp Duty on properties up to a value of £500,000.

Also it's not 2 percent on the whole lot.

Just had a call from TESCO Bank saying they agree to our Consent To Let on our current house. That's a relief.
I currently can't afford to pay to exit our current mortgage so that's a big relief
I’m with Halifax, was pretty much a case of “computer says yes”

Still a relief mind.

Back