Buy to let mortgages - Contractor

The way my hip is, I’ve probably got five good years left. I play five a side with people ranging from 20-60 with a huge range of ability and physicality, unless you’re carrying an injury then fair enough but you should get yourself back on the pitch.
I have a titanium plate in my back from surgery a few years back and I've had 3 arthroscopy surgeries on my knees so I can't have much cartillage left in there.
It doesn't stop me doing anything within reason but I'm an injury waiting to happen on the football field and I can't afford the risk or I'll have to put my rents up. ;)

I have a titanium plate in my back from surgery a few years back and I've had 3 arthroscopy surgeries on my knees so I can't have much cartillage left in there.
It doesn't stop me doing anything within reason but I'm an injury waiting to happen on the football field and I can't afford the risk or I'll have to put my rents up. ;)

Ah. Fair enough! Walking football?

A deposit means fuck in terms of affordability of property. You’ve saved a few grand, you still need to be eligible for a mortgage, then when the bills start coming in and you’ve used your savings on said deposit then your fucked. Affordable housing is not just about the deposit but being able to live in it after.

And like has been mentioned, help to buy is a f***ing con as well. Just means you get a mortgage......sorry “equity loan” from the government and all of the risk isn’t on the bank. I read a decent percent of people who actually used it, didn’t even need to use to buy their house.

There won't be many first time buyers paying stamp duty around these parts, especially not those unable to save a few grand for a deposit.

I think the minimum level for Stamp Duty is on houses over £100,000 and then it goes up depending on how much the house is

:rolleyes:

You know fine well what I mean, buying a house isn’t just saving for a deposit. Fees, furniture, white goods etc.
I didn't know what you meant after but whatever.

Plenty of second hand furniture available cheap etc. I guess many want the best straight away though. Oh well, can't have it all.

I think the minimum level for Stamp Duty is on houses over £100,000 and then it goes up depending on how much the house is

How many first time buyers (the struggle for deposit sort) are going to buy a house for more than £125k? Even then, it's only 2 percent of the amount over £125k. Basically it's pennies.

Last edited:

Plenty of second hand furniture available cheap etc. I guess many want the best straight away though. Oh well, can't have it all.
Second hand isn’t free though so 5k for deposit, fees and second hand furniture isn’t going to go far.

How many first time buyers (the struggle for deposit sort) are going to buy a house for more than £125k? Even then, it's only 2 percent of the amount over £125k. Basically it's pennies.

I appreciate what you're saying but I don't think I'd class any 4 figure sum as pennies.

Back