Buy to let mortgages - Contractor

We have an agent who handles it. He's informed us today is 11 days behind and he's serving them a letter today after failure to contact them.

Best nip it in the bud x these nightmare tenants slum landlords programmes we have in the uk are frightening, why those people on there let it go that far I don't know. Seems as though it can take months to evict someone if you haven't been on the ball.

Last edited:
Got out of the renting game a while back, had one bad tenant after a decent run, once we got them out (Well the just disappeared), it needed repairs, upgrading as it was a 250+ year old cottage, and with new rules on the horizon, I flogged it. Just bought back into the UK, need a base for when home, plus my lads will need somewhere as they get older and out of school, just means it sits empty around 10 months a year, except when my parents pop up there.

We have a couple of rentals, our rule is professionals only, no pets, no smokers, rent to be paid through standing order. Served us well , mind our properties are spot on and we are at the end of the phone for any problem the tenants mighty have.
Same here but that makes me horrid and immoral, even though he rents from some immoral person himself. There are loads of good reasonably priced properties near me that have been up for sale for months. If I was interested in buying more there are stacks available. However that would be stealing from the masses just dying to buy their first home in frijj’s world

Best nip it in the bud x these nightmare tenants slum landlords programmes we have in the uk are frightening, why those people on there let it go that far I don't know. Seems as though it can take months to evict someone if you haven't been on the ball.
My wife sorts it all out but I think they're serving notice to evict unless they transfer the money this weekend. Apparently the tenant has gone back to Ireland for a holiday but her boyfriend is still there.

What about the future of the people having to rent?. No problem with anyone having a second home, but any more than that and they should be taxed into submission, greedy *****

We kind of need a rentall market. I’d have been fucked if I had to buy and sell a home every time I moved between the ages of 18 and 26.

It must be the age difference mate.

Nevermind, us landlords need people like you to keep on renting so we can retire early.

Hmmm. That does make you seem like a bit of a dildo.

no I'll come up the Chesters and meet you, if you like?

:lol:

Last edited:
Who’s your mortgage with? We’ve just got consent to let as we’re buying a new house. Was a piece of piss.

TESCO Bank. Hopefully they'll say yes but they do it on a case by case basis.

Get a decent house in a decent area and let it at a reasonable price, you will have plenty of interest. Then you can make sure you get people in who are going to look after your property. Don’t want to generalise but I’ve dealt with 3 DSS tenants and it would be fair to say I will never deal with them again.

I wouldn't let DSS near any of mine.
I've still had my fingers burned with a crap tenant before who claimed was a "professional", but they're less of a risk than DSS.

So there’s no housing crisis in this country then? It’s all made up? A lie?

A few issues here.
1) When Thatcher let people buy their council house, she didn't replace the stock.
2) "Affordable housing" just isn't affordable for people looking for their first home UNLESS the're prepared to make a few concessions.
3) Saving up for a deposit isn't easy. Having the Bank of Mum and Dad is the only way for many to even have a chance of getting on the ladder.
4) The Help to Buy scheme is bollocks.

Last edited:
TESCO Bank. Hopefully they'll say yes but they do it on a case by case basis.

I wouldn't let DSS near any of mine.
I've still had my fingers burned with a crap tenant before who claimed was a "professional", but they're less of a risk than DSS.

A few issues here.
1) When Thatcher let people buy their council house, she didn't replace the stock.
2) "Affordable housing" just isn't affordable for people looking for their first home UNLESS the're prepared to make a few concessions.
3) Saving up for a deposit isn't easy. Having the Bank of Mum and Dad is the only way for many to even have a chance of getting on the ladder.
4) The Help to Buy scheme is bollocks.

If you can't save under £5k for your first house then you shouldn't really consider buying anyway.

There should be some compromise. There should be something that does mean it costs extra when you start buying 3rd 4th or 5th property. It’s ok charging a 2nd property tax but when it’s not the 2nd then it should be more.

No problem with people wanting to “better” themselves and having more assets, but that shouldn’t be at the exploitation of others. I understand there’s a need for a rental market, but students get exploited to fuck by landlords for example. (Slightly off topic)

:lol: I'm the same age and I'd love to be back in my 20s with or without property. Nothing ever replaces the joy of playing football.

The way my hip is, I’ve probably got five good years left. I play five a side with people ranging from 20-60 with a huge range of ability and physicality, unless you’re carrying an injury then fair enough but you should get yourself back on the pitch.

Back