Broken ankle

Crickey best bin it before you get knocked down.

I’m doing ok, managing to get around the house and out into the garden now. I’ve got crutches and a frame.

My cousin is a physio and said sometimes the recovery with pins and plates can be quicker.

Back Tuesday for my next cast. Still living with me Mam bless her.
If my mam was vaguely human I'd have gone there like. Sadly she's like some sort of cyborg who gets pleasure out of other people suffering

It's been hard work. God knows what damage I've done walking about. Half expecting to need further surgery.

It doesn't hurt particularly. It just doesn't work properly. It 'clicks'.

House is a mess because I can't stand for long still. Even frying some tea is a bit too challenging.

Bored shitless as well

If my mam was vaguely human I'd have gone there like. Sadly she's like some sort of cyborg who gets pleasure out of other people suffering

It's been hard work. God knows what damage I've done walking about. Half expecting to need further surgery.

It doesn't hurt particularly. It just doesn't work properly. It 'clicks'.

House is a mess because I can't stand for long still. Even frying some tea is a bit too challenging.

Bored shitless as well
I think you definitely need to get it checked out again really doesn’t sound right.

I’m missing cooking and doing things for myself.

My youngest just keeps saying Mam I wish you could get better 🥲

I think you definitely need to get it checked out again really doesn’t sound right.

I’m missing cooking and doing things for myself.

My youngest just keeps saying Mam I wish you could get better 🥲
Doing my head in now. Feel like an old crock and am sick of having conversations in the street about this bloody boot.

Am getting over irritated of someone getting in my line of walking or parking on the path which means I have to change path/elevation.

How you doing?

Doing my head in now. Feel like an old crock and am sick of having conversations in the street about this bloody boot.

Am getting over irritated of someone getting in my line of walking or parking on the path which means I have to change path/elevation.

How you doing?
I was back at the hospital yesterday, stitches out. New cast and X-rays.

The Doctor said my X-rays look amazing, so I’m on track but still 5-6 non weight bearing. Boot will be next.

I’ve never crossed the doors for 3 weeks apart from hospital appointments. Managing to get into the garden though.

Did they say how long you will have the boot on? They are proper clunky things mind not looking forward to mine.

I was back at the hospital yesterday, stitches out. New cast and X-rays.

The Doctor said my X-rays look amazing, so I’m on track but still 5-6 non weight bearing. Boot will be next.

I’ve never crossed the doors for 3 weeks apart from hospital appointments. Managing to get into the garden though.

Did they say how long you will have the boot on? They are proper clunky things mind not looking forward to mine.
4 weeks supposedly. Am back Tuesday. Yours sounds way worse than mine like

@de Ruyter How did you get on yesterday mate?

I took delivery of a knee walker but have been told to send it back as it may make my ankle worse.
Canny. All healing nicely and can ditch the boot. Don't have to go back. Offered physio but he just said I can walk about and do some exercises at home blah blah. So that's kind of all done

Are you still immobile? Not even sure what a knee walker is but Google looks like it's a wheeled thing?!?

Canny. All healing nicely and can ditch the boot. Don't have to go back. Offered physio but he just said I can walk about and do some exercises at home blah blah. So that's kind of all done

Are you still immobile? Not even sure what a knee walker is but Google looks like it's a wheeled thing?!?
Ah I’m pleased your all sorted.

Yeah it is 😂 apparently it’s an American thing. I got a bit excited watching videos of people scooting all over on them.

I’m getting about with crutches in the house I just thought the walker would help me get a bit more independence.

Got about 5 weeks left in the cast.

Ah I’m pleased your all sorted.

Yeah it is 😂 apparently it’s an American thing. I got a bit excited watching videos of people scooting all over on them.

I’m getting about with crutches in the house I just thought the walker would help me get a bit more independence.

Got about 5 weeks left in the cast.
Just think of the other things you could do. Accidentally bash into people, run over their feet, get help to cross the road. Live like an elderly person for a few weeks

Hmmm went for a walk this morning. Think might regret it as proper stiffened up. Not that I want to brag about my mobility!
Ah never, do you think you’ve over done it? Don’t worry about bragging I’m in the garden enjoying the sunshine.

Apparently it can take months to fully recover, my timings from cast to boot are around the same time the kids finish school for the summer. So I’m hoping by September I’m back to being able to walk a good distance.

I did wonder if I have but I think it's probably just stiff tbh...

Felt like I was wasting the summer a bit

That's good timing though still weeks off 😐

Are you still in pain?

I did wonder if I have but I think it's probably just stiff tbh...

Felt like I was wasting the summer a bit

That's good timing though still weeks off 😐

Are you still in pain?
Yeah now and again, I keep moving my toes and then my ankle starts hurting. I almost fell in the garden the other day and put my cast down to the ground ouch 😣

Bloody thinning injections are causing awful bleeding gums and swelling in my mouth but keep telling myself it’s just temporary.

Yeah now and again, I keep moving my toes and then my ankle starts hurting. I almost fell in the garden the other day and put my cast down to the ground ouch 😣

Bloody thinning injections are causing awful bleeding gums and swelling in my mouth but keep telling myself it’s just temporary.
Wow you've already said but it seriously must have been a proper nasty one

Wow you've already said but it seriously must have been a proper nasty one
Crazy when you think it was just tripping over something in the house but I also did have a sandals on with a small heel.

I’ve invested in some good footwear for when I’m back on my feet, no more heels got a long time 😂

Crazy when you think it was just tripping over something in the house but I also did have a sandals on with a small heel.

I’ve invested in some good footwear for when I’m back on my feet, no more heels got a long time 😂
Mad that, who needs heels anyway. I think mine was buggered already after I first did it a good few years ago

Yours will probably never be the same again

He says, reassuringly

Mad that, who needs heels anyway. I think mine was buggered already after I first did it a good few years ago

Yours will probably never be the same again

He says, reassuringly
Yeah my surgeon said it won’t be the same, and the cold weather will make it worse.

I could sell all my heels and emigrate to a hotter climate 😂

Back